That’s what I say to Republicans who think New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie went too far in praising President Obama’s speedy and sympathetic response to Hurricane Sandy.
Gov. Christie’s cooperation with the President in this disaster – and his willingness to acknowledge Mr. Obama’s exceptional efforts – sets a model of bipartisanship that the Republicans on Capitol Hill could learn a lot from.
Mitt Romney brags that when he was governor of Massachusetts he reached across the aisle and brokered positive compromises with the Democrat-controlled legislature. But Gov. Romney takes too much credit for himself – the Democrats in Massachusetts were willing to cooperate with Romney to get work done on behalf of the people of that state.
But the Republicans in Congress – even before they took over the House in 2010 – never evidenced that kind of cooperative attitude with President Obama. Time and time again over the last four years GOP Senators and members of the House have opposed, obstructed and otherwise blocked President Obama. They refused to compromise with the President on issues like extending unemployment benefits for the longterm jobless, providing mortgage relief to underwater homeowners, and even the American Jobs Act.
In so doing, Republican lawmakers in Washington have subjugated the best interests of the American people to their own, selfish political ends.
Gov. Chris Christie teamed up with President Obama to alleviate the suffering of people in New Jersey after Hurricane Sandy. But Gov. Christie’s Republican colleagues in the US Senate and House of Representatives have worked against President Obama and that has extended the suffering of the American people hit by an economic hurricane rivaled only by the Great Depression!
Obstructionism is unpatriotic! Don’t hate, participate!
Thanks for listening. I’m Cameron Turner and that’s my two cents.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here