*A woman has filed a lawsuit against Tyler Perry claiming he stole her plotline for the movie “Good Deeds,” Reuters reports.
Terri Donald, who writes under the pseudonym TLO Red’ness, filed a lawsuit in Philadelphia alleging that Perry based the 2012 movie on her 2007 book, “Bad Apples Can Be Good Fruit.” Donald writes that she sent Perry’s production company a copy of her book before filming began.
She’s seeking $225,000 in damages, as well as a credit on the film.
To date, “Good Deeds,” which starred Perry along with Gabrielle Union, Thandie Newton and Phylicia Rashad, has grossed $35 million at the worldwide box office.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here