*A woman has filed a lawsuit against Tyler Perry claiming he stole her plotline for the movie “Good Deeds,” Reuters reports.
Terri Donald, who writes under the pseudonym TLO Red’ness, filed a lawsuit in Philadelphia alleging that Perry based the 2012 movie on her 2007 book, “Bad Apples Can Be Good Fruit.” Donald writes that she sent Perry’s production company a copy of her book before filming began.
She’s seeking $225,000 in damages, as well as a credit on the film.
To date, “Good Deeds,” which starred Perry along with Gabrielle Union, Thandie Newton and Phylicia Rashad, has grossed $35 million at the worldwide box office.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here