*A woman has filed a lawsuit against Tyler Perry claiming he stole her plotline for the movie “Good Deeds,” Reuters reports.
Terri Donald, who writes under the pseudonym TLO Red’ness, filed a lawsuit in Philadelphia alleging that Perry based the 2012 movie on her 2007 book, “Bad Apples Can Be Good Fruit.” Donald writes that she sent Perry’s production company a copy of her book before filming began.
She’s seeking $225,000 in damages, as well as a credit on the film.
To date, “Good Deeds,” which starred Perry along with Gabrielle Union, Thandie Newton and Phylicia Rashad, has grossed $35 million at the worldwide box office.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here