*A woman has filed a lawsuit against Tyler Perry claiming he stole her plotline for the movie “Good Deeds,” Reuters reports.
Terri Donald, who writes under the pseudonym TLO Red’ness, filed a lawsuit in Philadelphia alleging that Perry based the 2012 movie on her 2007 book, “Bad Apples Can Be Good Fruit.” Donald writes that she sent Perry’s production company a copy of her book before filming began.
She’s seeking $225,000 in damages, as well as a credit on the film.
To date, “Good Deeds,” which starred Perry along with Gabrielle Union, Thandie Newton and Phylicia Rashad, has grossed $35 million at the worldwide box office.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (11-27-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- R&B Soul Jazz Singer Kenya Covers 'Little Drummer Boy' (Listen)
- T-Pain to Larry King on Why He's 'Done with Making Hits!’
- Erykah Badu on Azealia Banks Beef: 'We Can Spiral Out of Control With Style'
- ‘Creed’ Dir. Ryan Coogler Pays Tribute to His Father in 'Rocky' Spin-Off
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here