*A woman has filed a lawsuit against Tyler Perry claiming he stole her plotline for the movie “Good Deeds,” Reuters reports.
Terri Donald, who writes under the pseudonym TLO Red’ness, filed a lawsuit in Philadelphia alleging that Perry based the 2012 movie on her 2007 book, “Bad Apples Can Be Good Fruit.” Donald writes that she sent Perry’s production company a copy of her book before filming began.
She’s seeking $225,000 in damages, as well as a credit on the film.
To date, “Good Deeds,” which starred Perry along with Gabrielle Union, Thandie Newton and Phylicia Rashad, has grossed $35 million at the worldwide box office.
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here