*Tyler Perry has written an emotional foreword to a book which aims to help men deal with the aftermath of sexual assault.
Perry, who was himself sexually abused as a child, penned the piece for “Joining Forces: Empowering Male Survivors to Thrive,” by Dr. Howard Fradkin.
The actor/director wrote the forward for free, hoping to encourage other men and boys to speak out about their past and move on from the experience.
“There (are) a lot of boys who have been abused and hurt… Most men never saying a word about it, just suffering in silence,” he wrote on his Facebook page. “I know that this is difficult to talk about or even acknowledge, especially for men. That’s why I am so happy that Dr. Howard Fradkin has written a book called ‘Joining Forces’ to help men who are adult survivors learn to cope, deal and most of all stop suffering in silence.
“I know the pain and the darkness and the shame that we as men can carry when these evil acts have been put upon us. But I also… know the peace and comfort that comes along with healing from the horror. Healing can start by reading this book.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here