*Tyler Perry has written an emotional foreword to a book which aims to help men deal with the aftermath of sexual assault.
Perry, who was himself sexually abused as a child, penned the piece for “Joining Forces: Empowering Male Survivors to Thrive,” by Dr. Howard Fradkin.
The actor/director wrote the forward for free, hoping to encourage other men and boys to speak out about their past and move on from the experience.
“There (are) a lot of boys who have been abused and hurt… Most men never saying a word about it, just suffering in silence,” he wrote on his Facebook page. “I know that this is difficult to talk about or even acknowledge, especially for men. That’s why I am so happy that Dr. Howard Fradkin has written a book called ‘Joining Forces’ to help men who are adult survivors learn to cope, deal and most of all stop suffering in silence.
“I know the pain and the darkness and the shame that we as men can carry when these evil acts have been put upon us. But I also… know the peace and comfort that comes along with healing from the horror. Healing can start by reading this book.”
- Of 10,000 Facebook Employees Only 1% Black - None Are Execs
- NFL Players' Crazy Answers Make for Hilarious 'Family Feud' (WATCH)
- Transgender Heckler Tells why She Interrupted Pres. Obama
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here