*Tyler Perry has written an emotional foreword to a book which aims to help men deal with the aftermath of sexual assault.
Perry, who was himself sexually abused as a child, penned the piece for “Joining Forces: Empowering Male Survivors to Thrive,” by Dr. Howard Fradkin.
The actor/director wrote the forward for free, hoping to encourage other men and boys to speak out about their past and move on from the experience.
“There (are) a lot of boys who have been abused and hurt… Most men never saying a word about it, just suffering in silence,” he wrote on his Facebook page. “I know that this is difficult to talk about or even acknowledge, especially for men. That’s why I am so happy that Dr. Howard Fradkin has written a book called ‘Joining Forces’ to help men who are adult survivors learn to cope, deal and most of all stop suffering in silence.
“I know the pain and the darkness and the shame that we as men can carry when these evil acts have been put upon us. But I also… know the peace and comfort that comes along with healing from the horror. Healing can start by reading this book.”
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here