The talk show host tells In Touch that she’s no perfect woman with a squeaky clean past.
In fact, it took her a long time and hard work to overcome a 10-year addiction she developed in her 20s to cocaine.
“I was in deep,” Wendy laments. “I wish I hadn’t put my life in jeopardy, but I have no regrets because it’s made me who I am today, and I’m proud of me.”
When she started in the business as a radio DJ, life became a big party with lots of drugs, perfect for a feeble mind and young spirit.
“I was a functioning addict. I’d work from 3 in the afternoon until 7 at night, get off and party until 7 in the morning – then sleep until 2, go to the radio station and do it all over again,” Wendy admits.
People around her knew she had a problem, but never had the guts to bring it up.
But it wasn’t all for naught.
Kevin Hunter, the man she’s been married to for 15 years, swept her off her feet and saved her life from the shadows of hopelessness and death.
“I never had [a breaking point]. Right around my 30th birthday, I met my [future] husband,” she remembers. “The habit was not breaking me, so I could’ve gone on and on, except I was falling in love with this guy.”
Eventually, she took a different turn, and found the will power to wean herself off drugs.
At the end of the day, she found success with the help of her husband and is thankful she’s gone through what she has, only to look back and be grateful for the present.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here