The talk show host tells In Touch that she’s no perfect woman with a squeaky clean past.
In fact, it took her a long time and hard work to overcome a 10-year addiction she developed in her 20s to cocaine.
“I was in deep,” Wendy laments. “I wish I hadn’t put my life in jeopardy, but I have no regrets because it’s made me who I am today, and I’m proud of me.”
When she started in the business as a radio DJ, life became a big party with lots of drugs, perfect for a feeble mind and young spirit.
“I was a functioning addict. I’d work from 3 in the afternoon until 7 at night, get off and party until 7 in the morning – then sleep until 2, go to the radio station and do it all over again,” Wendy admits.
People around her knew she had a problem, but never had the guts to bring it up.
But it wasn’t all for naught.
Kevin Hunter, the man she’s been married to for 15 years, swept her off her feet and saved her life from the shadows of hopelessness and death.
“I never had [a breaking point]. Right around my 30th birthday, I met my [future] husband,” she remembers. “The habit was not breaking me, so I could’ve gone on and on, except I was falling in love with this guy.”
Eventually, she took a different turn, and found the will power to wean herself off drugs.
At the end of the day, she found success with the help of her husband and is thankful she’s gone through what she has, only to look back and be grateful for the present.
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here