The talk show host tells In Touch that she’s no perfect woman with a squeaky clean past.
In fact, it took her a long time and hard work to overcome a 10-year addiction she developed in her 20s to cocaine.
“I was in deep,” Wendy laments. “I wish I hadn’t put my life in jeopardy, but I have no regrets because it’s made me who I am today, and I’m proud of me.”
When she started in the business as a radio DJ, life became a big party with lots of drugs, perfect for a feeble mind and young spirit.
“I was a functioning addict. I’d work from 3 in the afternoon until 7 at night, get off and party until 7 in the morning – then sleep until 2, go to the radio station and do it all over again,” Wendy admits.
People around her knew she had a problem, but never had the guts to bring it up.
But it wasn’t all for naught.
Kevin Hunter, the man she’s been married to for 15 years, swept her off her feet and saved her life from the shadows of hopelessness and death.
“I never had [a breaking point]. Right around my 30th birthday, I met my [future] husband,” she remembers. “The habit was not breaking me, so I could’ve gone on and on, except I was falling in love with this guy.”
Eventually, she took a different turn, and found the will power to wean herself off drugs.
At the end of the day, she found success with the help of her husband and is thankful she’s gone through what she has, only to look back and be grateful for the present.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lalah Hathaway & Kindred the Family Soul Headline ATL SLMF
- Timbaland Reschedules Detroit Charity Gig Following Champagne Tantrum
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here