*Whoopi Goldberg is the latest celebrity to come under fire for a tweet related to the conflict in Gaza, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
On Tuesday, the actress retweeted this message on Twitter: “Whoopi can you please RT that the men, women & children in Gaza, Palestine have been getting Massacred for the past week.”
Soon after, Whoopi got a torrent of criticism and scores of followers accused her of ignoring the destruction that was also occurring in Israel.
“That’s what happens when they are used as human shields,” one man tweeted in response. “What about the last 1400 years of Israeli deaths?” another wrote.
Goldberg responded by asking for more information on the conflict, which began last week.
@WhoopiGoldberg: question, who started THIS round of fighting between Palestinians & Israel Everyone wants a retweet about their side. Someone explain plse.
The co-host of “The View’ later took issue with coverage of her tweets by the conservative leaning site Twitchy, which ran a story with the headline “Whoopi Goldberg retweets claim that Israel ‘massacres’ Palestinians, quickly backtracks.”
Goldberg tweeted to the Twitchy Twitter account “so twitchy I’m curious, was this man incorrect? Did this not happen? See If u had said ” I don’t think that right” I’d believe.”
She went on to chastise the site, tweeting:
Writing about the conflict in Gaza has gotten other notable tweeters in trouble as well. Rupert Murdoch recently apologized for claiming over Twitter that the “Jewish-owned press” was being “anti-Israel.” Kim Kardashian received death threats last week for tweeting that she was praying for people in Israel.
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here