*Whoopi Goldberg is the latest celebrity to come under fire for a tweet related to the conflict in Gaza, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
On Tuesday, the actress retweeted this message on Twitter: “Whoopi can you please RT that the men, women & children in Gaza, Palestine have been getting Massacred for the past week.”
Soon after, Whoopi got a torrent of criticism and scores of followers accused her of ignoring the destruction that was also occurring in Israel.
“That’s what happens when they are used as human shields,” one man tweeted in response. “What about the last 1400 years of Israeli deaths?” another wrote.
Goldberg responded by asking for more information on the conflict, which began last week.
@WhoopiGoldberg: question, who started THIS round of fighting between Palestinians & Israel Everyone wants a retweet about their side. Someone explain plse.
The co-host of “The View’ later took issue with coverage of her tweets by the conservative leaning site Twitchy, which ran a story with the headline “Whoopi Goldberg retweets claim that Israel ‘massacres’ Palestinians, quickly backtracks.”
Goldberg tweeted to the Twitchy Twitter account “so twitchy I’m curious, was this man incorrect? Did this not happen? See If u had said ” I don’t think that right” I’d believe.”
She went on to chastise the site, tweeting:
Writing about the conflict in Gaza has gotten other notable tweeters in trouble as well. Rupert Murdoch recently apologized for claiming over Twitter that the “Jewish-owned press” was being “anti-Israel.” Kim Kardashian received death threats last week for tweeting that she was praying for people in Israel.
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here