*Whoopi Goldberg is the latest celebrity to come under fire for a tweet related to the conflict in Gaza, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
On Tuesday, the actress retweeted this message on Twitter: “Whoopi can you please RT that the men, women & children in Gaza, Palestine have been getting Massacred for the past week.”
Soon after, Whoopi got a torrent of criticism and scores of followers accused her of ignoring the destruction that was also occurring in Israel.
“That’s what happens when they are used as human shields,” one man tweeted in response. “What about the last 1400 years of Israeli deaths?” another wrote.
Goldberg responded by asking for more information on the conflict, which began last week.
@WhoopiGoldberg: question, who started THIS round of fighting between Palestinians & Israel Everyone wants a retweet about their side. Someone explain plse.
The co-host of “The View’ later took issue with coverage of her tweets by the conservative leaning site Twitchy, which ran a story with the headline “Whoopi Goldberg retweets claim that Israel ‘massacres’ Palestinians, quickly backtracks.”
Goldberg tweeted to the Twitchy Twitter account “so twitchy I’m curious, was this man incorrect? Did this not happen? See If u had said ” I don’t think that right” I’d believe.”
She went on to chastise the site, tweeting:
Writing about the conflict in Gaza has gotten other notable tweeters in trouble as well. Rupert Murdoch recently apologized for claiming over Twitter that the “Jewish-owned press” was being “anti-Israel.” Kim Kardashian received death threats last week for tweeting that she was praying for people in Israel.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- A Legendary Night in Los Angeles with the Ojays' Eddie Levert
- Prince’s Half-Brother Alfred Says Sibling Trying to Get Him Declared Mentally Incompetent
- Family of Autistic Teen Mocked by 50 Cent Wants $1 Million (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o, Danielle Brooks, Cynthia Erivo Lock Down Tony Nominations
- Amber Rose to Host Weekly VH1 Talk Show Produced by Dr. Phil
- Tupac Shakur's Mother Afeni Shakur-Davis Dies at 69
- NFL Vet Dana Stubblefield Charged With Raping Developmentally Disabled Woman
- Little Richard Still Alive Despite Internet Rumors...And Praising Prince
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here