*Social media has made the world much smaller and much easier for people to share their deepest, ugliest thoughts and opinions, while remaining anonymous; or fully supported by a collection of digital friends.
Denise Helms probably thought her ‘harmless’ n-word name calling towards the president on Facebook was going to go unnoticed.
She was wrong. Not only was it seen, but now the woman has been receiving threats.
During election night, Denise (22) took to her FB page to discuss her sentiments and overall disgust with the re-election of president Barack Obama.
She wrote, “Another 4 years of this (n-word). Maybe he will get assassinated this term.”
OK, first of all, that almost sounds like a threat; but everyone is entitled to his own opinion.
She thought the message was safe since she locked the page for private viewing only. But her ex-boyfriend saw the post, took a screenshot, and put it on Twitter.
Oh boy was the response quick. She lost her job as store manager at a local Cold Stone Creamery, and the company was contacted by the NAACP.
Now, in an attempt to defend herself, Denise swears she’s not a racist.
“It does [sound like I’m a racist],” Helms said, “but I am not. That’s what everyone’s been telling me, ‘You know, what you said sounded so racist,’ and it does, and you know, I take it back. If I could erase what I said, I would .”
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here