“I’m just gonna go ahead and announce my retirement from standup, I’m kinda done,” Williams said in a video taped for KOMO TV. “I’ve discussed it with my kids, I wasn’t gonna do it in the middle of a Seattle street, I was going to go to Los Angeles and do it in the offices of ICM or LiveNation.”
He also went on to vent about how law enforcement has treated him, labeling him a misfit and troublemaker.
“This was a place (Seattle) I like to bring my kids and let them do stuff without people caring who they were,” he said. “I got arrested in front of my kids three times in my three days stay in Seattle… And all we were doing was coming into town to sell jokes and police department painted me as some sort of public menace that came to town.”
CNN is reporting that Williams told KOMO that he would remain in Seattle until a Thursday court date on the criminal charges and while he files a lawsuit against the city “for this $50 million that I want for crippling my reputation as a father and a black man and as a taxpaying citizen and as a person who is not a convicted felon.”
Williams “exchanged words with patrons in the bar, brandished a pool cue at a bar manager and refused to leave the business,” and later refused to show identification to a police officer who had been called to the scene, a Seattle police news release said.
Officer Michael Virgilio wrote in the arrest report that the World Sports Bar manager told him Williams had returned to the bar Sunday after being involved in a dispute with a customer the night before.
“I suppose you’re going to ask me to take my hands out of my pockets, huh?” Williams said to Virgilio, according to the report.
Williams refused to give his name or show an ID, but “yelled out a (California) driver’s license number,” the officer wrote.
When Virgilio warned he would arrest him for obstruction unless he produced an ID, Williams said “no.” The comedian then turned around and placed his hands behind his back “on his own accord,” the arrest report said.
“Two of Williams’ associates were standing nearby and were pleading for Williams to calm down,” the officer wrote.
Read/learn more at CNN.
Watch as Katt makes his emotional announcement to Seattle’s KOMO TV:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here