“I’m just gonna go ahead and announce my retirement from standup, I’m kinda done,” Williams said in a video taped for KOMO TV. “I’ve discussed it with my kids, I wasn’t gonna do it in the middle of a Seattle street, I was going to go to Los Angeles and do it in the offices of ICM or LiveNation.”
He also went on to vent about how law enforcement has treated him, labeling him a misfit and troublemaker.
“This was a place (Seattle) I like to bring my kids and let them do stuff without people caring who they were,” he said. “I got arrested in front of my kids three times in my three days stay in Seattle… And all we were doing was coming into town to sell jokes and police department painted me as some sort of public menace that came to town.”
CNN is reporting that Williams told KOMO that he would remain in Seattle until a Thursday court date on the criminal charges and while he files a lawsuit against the city “for this $50 million that I want for crippling my reputation as a father and a black man and as a taxpaying citizen and as a person who is not a convicted felon.”
Williams “exchanged words with patrons in the bar, brandished a pool cue at a bar manager and refused to leave the business,” and later refused to show identification to a police officer who had been called to the scene, a Seattle police news release said.
Officer Michael Virgilio wrote in the arrest report that the World Sports Bar manager told him Williams had returned to the bar Sunday after being involved in a dispute with a customer the night before.
“I suppose you’re going to ask me to take my hands out of my pockets, huh?” Williams said to Virgilio, according to the report.
Williams refused to give his name or show an ID, but “yelled out a (California) driver’s license number,” the officer wrote.
When Virgilio warned he would arrest him for obstruction unless he produced an ID, Williams said “no.” The comedian then turned around and placed his hands behind his back “on his own accord,” the arrest report said.
“Two of Williams’ associates were standing nearby and were pleading for Williams to calm down,” the officer wrote.
Read/learn more at CNN.
Watch as Katt makes his emotional announcement to Seattle’s KOMO TV:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here