According to reports, the singer’s hit single, “Girl on Fire” is just a rehashing of another songwriter’s hard work. Earl Shuman and Leon Carr’s 1960’s hit, “Hey There Lonely Girl” is apparently the foundation for Alicia’s ladies anthem.
This is serious.
Shuman told Showbiz 411 that he’s going to take legal action against the girl on fire for lifting two whole lines:
“Nobody knows that she’s a lonely girl/And it’s a lonely world.”
Shuman may be 89, but he still knows his rights. He and his former colleague have begun the search for a suitable lawyer.
But this isn’t the first time the gentlemen have sought legal action for the song. Shuman revealed he sued both Anita Baker and the Beastie Boys for also using parts of the song without his permission.
Admittedly, Alicia credits another musician’s work that was dubbed on the record – Billy Squiers’ ‘The Big Beat.”
In the meantime, she’s also thinking about another extreme look. She told the Associated Press that she’s thinking about shaving her head completely bald.
”I’m thinking about something like that. I’m telling you. I’m going there. I’m doing it.”
Don’t do it Alicia. Don’t do it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Ne-Yo’s Ex-Fiance Moyetta Shaw Posts Pics With New Millionaire Man
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here