According to reports, the singer’s hit single, “Girl on Fire” is just a rehashing of another songwriter’s hard work. Earl Shuman and Leon Carr’s 1960’s hit, “Hey There Lonely Girl” is apparently the foundation for Alicia’s ladies anthem.
This is serious.
Shuman told Showbiz 411 that he’s going to take legal action against the girl on fire for lifting two whole lines:
“Nobody knows that she’s a lonely girl/And it’s a lonely world.”
Shuman may be 89, but he still knows his rights. He and his former colleague have begun the search for a suitable lawyer.
But this isn’t the first time the gentlemen have sought legal action for the song. Shuman revealed he sued both Anita Baker and the Beastie Boys for also using parts of the song without his permission.
Admittedly, Alicia credits another musician’s work that was dubbed on the record – Billy Squiers’ ‘The Big Beat.”
In the meantime, she’s also thinking about another extreme look. She told the Associated Press that she’s thinking about shaving her head completely bald.
”I’m thinking about something like that. I’m telling you. I’m going there. I’m doing it.”
Don’t do it Alicia. Don’t do it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- No Reality Show For Amber Rose & Black Chyna; Scarface Honored & Arrested
- Fla. Teens Who Died After Being Hypnotized By Former Principal, Remembered at 'Homecoming' (Watch)
- Twitter Rejects Rita Ora’s Dream ‘Lady Marmalade’ Remake With Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus & Charli XCX
- Report: Paris Jackson On Verge of Meltdown; Hasn’t Seen Mom in Over a Year
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here