According to reports, the singer’s hit single, “Girl on Fire” is just a rehashing of another songwriter’s hard work. Earl Shuman and Leon Carr’s 1960’s hit, “Hey There Lonely Girl” is apparently the foundation for Alicia’s ladies anthem.
This is serious.
Shuman told Showbiz 411 that he’s going to take legal action against the girl on fire for lifting two whole lines:
“Nobody knows that she’s a lonely girl/And it’s a lonely world.”
Shuman may be 89, but he still knows his rights. He and his former colleague have begun the search for a suitable lawyer.
But this isn’t the first time the gentlemen have sought legal action for the song. Shuman revealed he sued both Anita Baker and the Beastie Boys for also using parts of the song without his permission.
Admittedly, Alicia credits another musician’s work that was dubbed on the record – Billy Squiers’ ‘The Big Beat.”
In the meantime, she’s also thinking about another extreme look. She told the Associated Press that she’s thinking about shaving her head completely bald.
”I’m thinking about something like that. I’m telling you. I’m going there. I’m doing it.”
Don’t do it Alicia. Don’t do it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Cute as Heck: 10-Year Old Gets to 'Play Bass' With Paul McCartney (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here