*Rumblings of Alicia Keys possibly playing legendary entertainer Lena Horne in a biopic began circulating back in 2007, when Oprah Winfrey had taken over the languishing project that previously had Janet Jackson attached as the lead.
There were reports that Jackson’s 2004 Super Bowl scandal got her dropped from consideration by Horne herself, clearing a path for Winfrey’s choice of Keys with a script from “Oprah Winfrey Presents…” screenwriter Lloyd Kramer. But, that project, too, has stalled.
Horne would never get the chance to see her life story on the big screen. The singer, actress, civil rights activist and dancer died in May 2010 at the age of 92.
“Lena the woman, the human being – that is the most fascinating to me: her vulnerabilities, her life, her flow through the many difficult times (and good ones) and her ability to remain graceful, elegant and beautiful always,” Keys said of her at the time.
With 2013 just days away, the biopic is about to enter its ninth year in development limbo, but Keys is optimistic that it will definitely happen. Listen below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Too Close' Singer Raphael Brown Wins Sole Custody Of Children
- Naked and Unarmed Black Teen Fatally Shot by Austin, TX Police
- ‘Memory Hackers’ (PBS): Not Just a ‘Men In Black’ Thing Anymore
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here