*Rumblings of Alicia Keys possibly playing legendary entertainer Lena Horne in a biopic began circulating back in 2007, when Oprah Winfrey had taken over the languishing project that previously had Janet Jackson attached as the lead.
There were reports that Jackson’s 2004 Super Bowl scandal got her dropped from consideration by Horne herself, clearing a path for Winfrey’s choice of Keys with a script from “Oprah Winfrey Presents…” screenwriter Lloyd Kramer. But, that project, too, has stalled.
Horne would never get the chance to see her life story on the big screen. The singer, actress, civil rights activist and dancer died in May 2010 at the age of 92.
“Lena the woman, the human being – that is the most fascinating to me: her vulnerabilities, her life, her flow through the many difficult times (and good ones) and her ability to remain graceful, elegant and beautiful always,” Keys said of her at the time.
With 2013 just days away, the biopic is about to enter its ninth year in development limbo, but Keys is optimistic that it will definitely happen. Listen below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here