*She’s done it again.
Alicia Keys tops the Billboard 200 chart for the fifth time in her career, as her latest album “Girl On Fire” debuts at No. 1 with 159,000 sold according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Keys previously led the list with her first four albums (three studio sets and a live release). Her last album, 2009’s “The Element of Freedom,” entered at No. 2 with 417,000. Its hefty sales were buoyed by its week-before Christmas release date (Dec. 15). However, it was blocked from No. 1 by Susan Boyle’s “I Dreamed a Dream,” which was in its fourth week at No. 1 (with 661,000).
“Girl On Fire’s” launch is the smallest of any Keys album — falling lower than that of her 2005 “Unplugged” set (196,000). That said, “Girl On Fire’s” start, according to Billboard, is what industry sources had forecasted a week ago, when insiders suggested it would bow with about 145,000 to 170,000.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here