*You would think that having so many jobs, you would not have time for a social life but Scarlett Emmanuelle sure is managing her time through her many occupations.
As a recording artist, songwriter, actress and commercial model, Emmanuelle has a lot on her plate. But she handles thing quite well.
“Yeah, I am very lucky and I juggle everything very well,” said Emmanuelle. She expresses that her social life is normal because all of her friends are all into the performing and work during the day and the nightlife is a great time to relax and hangout with her friends.
“Its just about getting a balance between work and play…I focus on my music very heavily but you always have to go out and enjoy yourself on the weekends,” she said.
Trained at the Italia Conti Academy of Performing Arts in London and coming from a theatre, television and film family, Emmanuelle was nothing short of becoming a performer. Along with her training and work at this school when she started at age 13, Emmanuelle develop skills drama, aspects of dance, classical and contemporary singing.
Though Italia Conti was a big foundation for her, she felt her determination to be successful in music was all her own work.
“When I left, I got my management solo contract at 17,” said Emmanuelle. She emulates the youthful soulful vocalist outside of her bubbly accent.
Growing up Scarlett looked up to Erykah Badu, Indie Arie, En Vogue, The Supremes, Musiq Soulchild, Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige and recently, Frank Ocean.
“There is a new wave of R&B and soulful artists coming out and coming back into the industry,” said Emmanuelle. One of her biggest influences in terms of performance inspiration and work ethic is Beyonce. “I’ll love to be in that position one day,” said Emmanuelle.
Coming from the UK along with other artists, Jessie J, Adele, Tinie Tempah, Ellie Goulding who have made an impact in the music scene in the pop genre, Emmanuelle looks to touch base in R&B. “Everyone wants to be popular at the end of the day but I don’t want to go into the stereotype of being a 20 something, blond female and just be put in that category,” said Emmanuelle.
For Scarlett’s music debut, she is currently writing and recording a mixtape entitled, “Scarlett’s Letter” which is set to be her introduction for her listeners to her sound. Following the mixtape, she will release her self-titled album, ‘Scarlett Emmanuelle” next year.
Scarlett Emmanuelle wants her mixtape and album to be something to remember and to evolve into a credible all round performer.
“I want to leave my imprint in a way through my lyrics and my songwriting for my audience,” said Emmanuelle. She wants to achieve her short term goals of being a role model for the upcoming generation and show people that as cliché as it is, to never give up on their dreams.
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Nia Guzman Responds to Criminal Allegations
- The Socialist's Journal: Kim Davis
- (Min. Paul Scott) Why Black Minds Matter: Readin’, Writin’ and Revolution
- CurlKit Launches 'Curlstar Favorits Box' - Offering Consumers Instant Access to Brands Coveted by Superstars
- Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable Awards Mumia Abu Jamal Health Fund
- THE (09-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- (The Black Hat) Nicki Minaj: The White Girl Hunter
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Neighbors Complain Kardashians Wasting Water During Drought
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here