The former NBA star is fighting to keep his Atlanta home, which is up for auction.
RELATED STORY: Allen Iverson ‘Bout to Lose His ATL Mansion to Foreclosure
Iverson’s $4.5 million foreclosed after defaulting on a $1.2 million mortgage. It was scheduled to be sold off to the highest bidder on Dec. 4. But before the sale took place, Iverson was clever and filed a lawsuit against the lender, claiming that he never consented to the loan, reports TMZ.
In court documents he says that his estranged wife actually agreed to the terms of the mortgage, though he could not fulfill the contract.
The lawsuit has paused the foreclosure proceedings at this point.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here