The former NBA star is fighting to keep his Atlanta home, which is up for auction.
RELATED STORY: Allen Iverson ‘Bout to Lose His ATL Mansion to Foreclosure
Iverson’s $4.5 million foreclosed after defaulting on a $1.2 million mortgage. It was scheduled to be sold off to the highest bidder on Dec. 4. But before the sale took place, Iverson was clever and filed a lawsuit against the lender, claiming that he never consented to the loan, reports TMZ.
In court documents he says that his estranged wife actually agreed to the terms of the mortgage, though he could not fulfill the contract.
The lawsuit has paused the foreclosure proceedings at this point.
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here