The former NBA star is fighting to keep his Atlanta home, which is up for auction.
RELATED STORY: Allen Iverson ‘Bout to Lose His ATL Mansion to Foreclosure
Iverson’s $4.5 million foreclosed after defaulting on a $1.2 million mortgage. It was scheduled to be sold off to the highest bidder on Dec. 4. But before the sale took place, Iverson was clever and filed a lawsuit against the lender, claiming that he never consented to the loan, reports TMZ.
In court documents he says that his estranged wife actually agreed to the terms of the mortgage, though he could not fulfill the contract.
The lawsuit has paused the foreclosure proceedings at this point.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here