The former NBA star is fighting to keep his Atlanta home, which is up for auction.
RELATED STORY: Allen Iverson ‘Bout to Lose His ATL Mansion to Foreclosure
Iverson’s $4.5 million foreclosed after defaulting on a $1.2 million mortgage. It was scheduled to be sold off to the highest bidder on Dec. 4. But before the sale took place, Iverson was clever and filed a lawsuit against the lender, claiming that he never consented to the loan, reports TMZ.
In court documents he says that his estranged wife actually agreed to the terms of the mortgage, though he could not fulfill the contract.
The lawsuit has paused the foreclosure proceedings at this point.
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here