She first presented the idea publicly January 2011, but isn’t giving up hope that someday, someone, somewhere, will jump on the band wagon.
“I’ll probably never get to play it in my life and I am going to be sad until the day I die, but I really want to play Angela Davis-badly. So badly,” she said in 2011.
Again, she gushed her dream of becoming Angela on screen.
“Her story is so fascinating. I would love to bring it to the screen. I would pick her brain to have a better understanding of her affiliation with the Black Panthers and that period from the 1960s,” she said recently.
Maybe someone will grant her wish and create something. Or maybe she could create something herself. But Halle, though she still looks good, is getting older and to play the role of a woman in her 20s could take a little bit of work behind the scenes. There’s always hope though. Look at how Zoe Saldana is ‘becoming’ the late great Nina Simone. In Hollywood, almost anything’s possible.
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Paul Mooney Says Bill Cosby Got His 'N****r Wake-up Call'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here