She first presented the idea publicly January 2011, but isn’t giving up hope that someday, someone, somewhere, will jump on the band wagon.
“I’ll probably never get to play it in my life and I am going to be sad until the day I die, but I really want to play Angela Davis-badly. So badly,” she said in 2011.
Again, she gushed her dream of becoming Angela on screen.
“Her story is so fascinating. I would love to bring it to the screen. I would pick her brain to have a better understanding of her affiliation with the Black Panthers and that period from the 1960s,” she said recently.
Maybe someone will grant her wish and create something. Or maybe she could create something herself. But Halle, though she still looks good, is getting older and to play the role of a woman in her 20s could take a little bit of work behind the scenes. There’s always hope though. Look at how Zoe Saldana is ‘becoming’ the late great Nina Simone. In Hollywood, almost anything’s possible.
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here