She first presented the idea publicly January 2011, but isn’t giving up hope that someday, someone, somewhere, will jump on the band wagon.
“I’ll probably never get to play it in my life and I am going to be sad until the day I die, but I really want to play Angela Davis-badly. So badly,” she said in 2011.
Again, she gushed her dream of becoming Angela on screen.
“Her story is so fascinating. I would love to bring it to the screen. I would pick her brain to have a better understanding of her affiliation with the Black Panthers and that period from the 1960s,” she said recently.
Maybe someone will grant her wish and create something. Or maybe she could create something herself. But Halle, though she still looks good, is getting older and to play the role of a woman in her 20s could take a little bit of work behind the scenes. There’s always hope though. Look at how Zoe Saldana is ‘becoming’ the late great Nina Simone. In Hollywood, almost anything’s possible.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Jay Z's Tidal Selects #BlackLivesMatter for $1.5M Donation
- EUR Exclusive 'Hit the Floor Clip: Funny/Sexy Tension in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- New 'Ghostbusters' Character Images Revealed
- Kerry Washington Talks Pressures Black Women Face
- Cam Newton Stars in New Beats by Dre Ad Featuring Future (WATCH)
- Bronx is Latest Location for NYC 'Subway Slasher' (Lone Suspect is Red Haired Brotha')
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here