She first presented the idea publicly January 2011, but isn’t giving up hope that someday, someone, somewhere, will jump on the band wagon.
“I’ll probably never get to play it in my life and I am going to be sad until the day I die, but I really want to play Angela Davis-badly. So badly,” she said in 2011.
Again, she gushed her dream of becoming Angela on screen.
“Her story is so fascinating. I would love to bring it to the screen. I would pick her brain to have a better understanding of her affiliation with the Black Panthers and that period from the 1960s,” she said recently.
Maybe someone will grant her wish and create something. Or maybe she could create something herself. But Halle, though she still looks good, is getting older and to play the role of a woman in her 20s could take a little bit of work behind the scenes. There’s always hope though. Look at how Zoe Saldana is ‘becoming’ the late great Nina Simone. In Hollywood, almost anything’s possible.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here