The rebounding singer is dusting off her acting shoes and getting back in the game with a recurring role on Lifetime’s “Army Wives.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, she will star in the seventh season of the series as ‘Latasha Durant,’ an optimistic mother of three with a serious illness.
Despite her waning situation, she finds ways to keep life bright, sexy and fun for her husband.
Ashanti actually has a hearty line up of roles on several series, including “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch,” “Coach Carter,” and a few others.
In the meantime, she is working on her next album, “Braveheart.”
The new season of “Army Wives” premieres in September.
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here