The rebounding singer is dusting off her acting shoes and getting back in the game with a recurring role on Lifetime’s “Army Wives.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, she will star in the seventh season of the series as ‘Latasha Durant,’ an optimistic mother of three with a serious illness.
Despite her waning situation, she finds ways to keep life bright, sexy and fun for her husband.
Ashanti actually has a hearty line up of roles on several series, including “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch,” “Coach Carter,” and a few others.
In the meantime, she is working on her next album, “Braveheart.”
The new season of “Army Wives” premieres in September.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Report: Tyga Hooked Up With Same Porn Star as Charlie Sheen; Jenners in 'Meltdown Mode'
- MC Lyte: Fetty Wap is Hip Hop’s Most Feminist Rapper (Watch)
- Cynthia Robinson of Sly and the Family Stone Dies at 69
- Woman Admits She Was 'Angry at Life' When She Stabbed Stranger in Store to Death ... WTF?
- Mystery Surrounds South African Child in Chris Rock’s Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here