The rebounding singer is dusting off her acting shoes and getting back in the game with a recurring role on Lifetime’s “Army Wives.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, she will star in the seventh season of the series as ‘Latasha Durant,’ an optimistic mother of three with a serious illness.
Despite her waning situation, she finds ways to keep life bright, sexy and fun for her husband.
Ashanti actually has a hearty line up of roles on several series, including “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch,” “Coach Carter,” and a few others.
In the meantime, she is working on her next album, “Braveheart.”
The new season of “Army Wives” premieres in September.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here