The rebounding singer is dusting off her acting shoes and getting back in the game with a recurring role on Lifetime’s “Army Wives.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, she will star in the seventh season of the series as ‘Latasha Durant,’ an optimistic mother of three with a serious illness.
Despite her waning situation, she finds ways to keep life bright, sexy and fun for her husband.
Ashanti actually has a hearty line up of roles on several series, including “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch,” “Coach Carter,” and a few others.
In the meantime, she is working on her next album, “Braveheart.”
The new season of “Army Wives” premieres in September.
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here