The rebounding singer is dusting off her acting shoes and getting back in the game with a recurring role on Lifetime’s “Army Wives.”
According to The Hollywood Reporter, she will star in the seventh season of the series as ‘Latasha Durant,’ an optimistic mother of three with a serious illness.
Despite her waning situation, she finds ways to keep life bright, sexy and fun for her husband.
Ashanti actually has a hearty line up of roles on several series, including “Sabrina, the Teenage Witch,” “Coach Carter,” and a few others.
In the meantime, she is working on her next album, “Braveheart.”
The new season of “Army Wives” premieres in September.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Kobe to Receive 'Legend' Award, Gilbert Arneas Trolls Nick Young
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here