*The billionaire owner of an Australian golf resort is putting it out there. He doesn’t want Tiger Woods in his Australian PGA Tournament anymore because he considers the golfer a has-been.
“Tiger Woods isn’t the No 1 golfer in the world anymore,” said Clive Palmer, owner of the Palmer Coolum Resort, in an interview with The Australian. “We don’t want to look backwards, we want to look forwards. So why would you get Tiger Woods here? I would prefer to have Peter Senior than Tiger Woods.
Palmer is hoping to keep the Australian PGA Championship at his venue after 10 straight years, but says Woods is no longer good enough to invite.
“I am sure Peter Senior could beat Tiger Woods on a good day. I am sure he could,” he told The Australian, adding, “Tiger Woods has improved a lot but he’s an emotional wreck and he’s not a good example for kids, anyway.”
Woods played in the Australian Open a year ago and it was a televised event in the United States that had reporters rushing Down Under to cover his every move, according to writer Shane Bacon of Devil Ball Golf. “This year, with Tiger not in the field? It was hardly a blip on the screen.”
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here