*ILLINOIS – New York Times, USA Today, Essence, and Publishers Weekly bestselling novelist, Kimberla Lawson Roby, was nominated for an NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Literary Work – Fiction for her latest novel, THE REVREND’S WIFE. This is Roby’s first nomination from the NAACP, and THE REVEREND’S WIFE is the 9th novel in her popular Reverend Curtis Black Series—a saga that centers on a prominent pastor, his wife, as well as their issues with power and infidelity. The awards show will commence and air live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, CA on Friday, February 1, 2013.
Roby has published 17 novels with more than 2,000,000 copies in print, and her 18th novel, THE PERFECT MARRIAGE, will be released Tuesday, January 8, 2013.
In 1996, after receiving one rejection letter after another from literary agents and publishing houses, Roby’s mom insisted she shouldn’t give up on her dream of becoming a published
writer (something Roby had already decided to do), and her wonderful husband encouraged her to use her business background to start her own business and self-publish her book. It was
then that Roby and her husband borrowed money from his 401K account, took out a small
bank loan, and used some of their personal savings. As a result, Roby sold just over 10,000 copies of her first book within 6 months, and once she found a literary agent, her second novel was sold to a New York publisher. Next year, her 18th and 19th novels, THE PERFECT MARRIAGE and A HOUSE DIVIDED will be published by Grand Central Publishing, a division of Hachette Book Group.
Kimberla Lawson Roby is the author of the bestselling works The Reverend’s Wife, Secret Obsession, Love, Honor, and Betray, Be Careful What You Pray For, A Deep Dark Secret, The Best of Everything, Sin No More, One in a Million, Love and Lies, Changing Faces, The Best-Kept Secret, Too Much of a Good Thing, A Taste of Reality, It’s a Thin Line, Casting the First Stone, Here and Now and Behind Closed Doors. She lives with her husband in Illinois. www.kimroby.com.
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here