He’s reunited with Keke Wyatt for a revamp of R&B music in this generation of love making music.
Their single “You & I” has kick started buzz for his coming album, landing on the top 10 of Billboard’s Adult R&B chart.
The two first came together for their hit record, “My First Love,” becoming one of Avant’s top singles during the early part of his career.
Avant says his new album is a bit of everything for the new and old fans.
“It’s a taste of new school and old school,” explains Avant. “You might hear a piece of, say, Stevie Wonder or Babyface, then I spin right back around and offer up some new age R&B. It’s a well-rounded album with something for everyone. At the end of the day, Face the Music is about who we are and what we live by; it’s about respecting that as well as the music.”
Avant will be on tour through April.
Check the dates below.
Upcoming shows include:
Saturday, December 29, 2012 Huntsville, AL Von Braun Center
Thursday, January 10, 2013 Los Angeles, CA El Rey Theatre
Friday, January 11, 2013 Oakland, CA Yoshi’s
Saturday, January 12, 2013 Oakland, CA Yoshi’s
Saturday, January 26, 2013 TRUMPET AWARDS PERFORMANCE
Sunday, February 3, 2013 CHICAGO ALBUM RELEASE PARTY
Tuesday, February 5, 2013 New York, NY Stage 48
Friday, February 8, 2013 Washington, DC The Howard Theatre
Sunday, February 10, 2013 Baltimore, MD Baltimore Soundstage
Saturday, February 16, 2013 Albany, NY Albany Convention Center
Friday, March 29, 2013 Phoenix, AZ Celebrity Theatre
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here