*The days of Barbara Walters asking “If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?” are long gone.
In an interview with President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama, the 83-year-old journalist had no qualms about prying into their sex life at the White House.
Walters asked them how they “keep the fire going in their marriage,” making for a bit of an awkward exchange.
“We’ve been married now 20 years, and like every marriage, I think you have your ups and your downs,” the president said after a surprised chuckle. “But if you work through the tough times, the respect and love that you feel deepens.”
The first lady added that they like to laugh a lot — which led Walters to assert that Michelle was the funnier of the two. [Watch the clip below.]
The interview, which ran Wednesday on ABC’s “Nightline,” was originally scheduled to run as a Barbara Walters special but was preempted by coverage of the Newtown shootings.
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here