*The days of Barbara Walters asking “If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?” are long gone.
In an interview with President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama, the 83-year-old journalist had no qualms about prying into their sex life at the White House.
Walters asked them how they “keep the fire going in their marriage,” making for a bit of an awkward exchange.
“We’ve been married now 20 years, and like every marriage, I think you have your ups and your downs,” the president said after a surprised chuckle. “But if you work through the tough times, the respect and love that you feel deepens.”
The first lady added that they like to laugh a lot — which led Walters to assert that Michelle was the funnier of the two. [Watch the clip below.]
The interview, which ran Wednesday on ABC’s “Nightline,” was originally scheduled to run as a Barbara Walters special but was preempted by coverage of the Newtown shootings.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Video Shows Raven-Symone Didn't Get 'Slapped Upside the Chest' (WATCH)
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here