*The days of Barbara Walters asking “If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?” are long gone.
In an interview with President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama, the 83-year-old journalist had no qualms about prying into their sex life at the White House.
Walters asked them how they “keep the fire going in their marriage,” making for a bit of an awkward exchange.
“We’ve been married now 20 years, and like every marriage, I think you have your ups and your downs,” the president said after a surprised chuckle. “But if you work through the tough times, the respect and love that you feel deepens.”
The first lady added that they like to laugh a lot — which led Walters to assert that Michelle was the funnier of the two. [Watch the clip below.]
The interview, which ran Wednesday on ABC’s “Nightline,” was originally scheduled to run as a Barbara Walters special but was preempted by coverage of the Newtown shootings.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Butt-Injection Death of Bronx Non-profit Executive Ruled 'A Homicide'
- NBAer James Harden Proclaims: ‘I Am the Best Player in the League’
- Woman Punched by CHP Officer Arrested Again on Same Freeway!
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Roseburg, Oregon Publisher Declares Pres. Obama is 'Not Welcome’ (WATCH)
- Online Tools and Resources Every Small Business - Entrepreneur Should Have
- Syreeta 'The Trumpet Lady' Thompson Releases Digital Single
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here