*The days of Barbara Walters asking “If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?” are long gone.
In an interview with President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama, the 83-year-old journalist had no qualms about prying into their sex life at the White House.
Walters asked them how they “keep the fire going in their marriage,” making for a bit of an awkward exchange.
“We’ve been married now 20 years, and like every marriage, I think you have your ups and your downs,” the president said after a surprised chuckle. “But if you work through the tough times, the respect and love that you feel deepens.”
The first lady added that they like to laugh a lot — which led Walters to assert that Michelle was the funnier of the two. [Watch the clip below.]
The interview, which ran Wednesday on ABC’s “Nightline,” was originally scheduled to run as a Barbara Walters special but was preempted by coverage of the Newtown shootings.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here