*The days of Barbara Walters asking “If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be?” are long gone.
In an interview with President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama, the 83-year-old journalist had no qualms about prying into their sex life at the White House.
Walters asked them how they “keep the fire going in their marriage,” making for a bit of an awkward exchange.
“We’ve been married now 20 years, and like every marriage, I think you have your ups and your downs,” the president said after a surprised chuckle. “But if you work through the tough times, the respect and love that you feel deepens.”
The first lady added that they like to laugh a lot — which led Walters to assert that Michelle was the funnier of the two. [Watch the clip below.]
The interview, which ran Wednesday on ABC’s “Nightline,” was originally scheduled to run as a Barbara Walters special but was preempted by coverage of the Newtown shootings.
- Kem: 25 Years of Sobriety, Opens Up on Overcoming Drug Addiction
- Bree Newsome Reveals Reason Behind Removing the Confederate Flag
- LA Mayor Garcetti Finally Agrees to Meet with Black Lives Matter Activists (Dramatic Video)
- Compton Mayor Invites Submissions for 'Compton Champions' Awards
- THE (07-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here