*Riding high on her starring role in the new movie ‘The Guilt Trip,’ singer/actress Barbra Streisand’s quote on the Newtown, CT tragedy was grafted into her interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan which was taped prior to the tragedy that took place on December 14, 2012. Because of the breaking news, the airing of her interview was re-scheduled and premiered the weekend before Christmas, and re-aired on Christmas night. The CNN quote reads:
“The horrible tragedy in Newtown, CT has brought to the forefront a much needed and long overdue national conversation regarding the lack of gun control and mental health services in our country… I hope the story of Sandy Hook Elementary finally catalyzes the nation, and our leaders in Washington, to commit to doing something substantive regarding gun control and access to mental health care services to those who desperately need it.” A further statement from her website reads, “It makes no sense that automatic and semi-automatic weapons are available for public sale. The U.S. has more guns and more gun violence than any other civilized country in the world. And since 2009, the National Alliance on Mental Illness has reported that states have cut more than 1.6 billion in general funds from their state mental health agency budgets.”
The interview is scheduled to air again on December 27th. Read more of Ms. Streisand’s comments at: www.barbrastreisand.com/us/news
Larry Buford is a Los Angeles-based songwriter and freelance article writer. He’s also the author of “Things Are Gettin’ Outta Hand” (Steuben Pub) www.amazon.com. Visit Larry at www.larrybuford.com. Email him at [email protected] or call: 213-20-8101.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Not Impressed: Man Reads Book at Beyonce Concert (WATCH)
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Larry Wilmore Doesn't Expect to be 'Invited Back' to WHCD
- April Jobs Report: Only 160,000 Positions Added
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here