*Riding high on her starring role in the new movie ‘The Guilt Trip,’ singer/actress Barbra Streisand’s quote on the Newtown, CT tragedy was grafted into her interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan which was taped prior to the tragedy that took place on December 14, 2012. Because of the breaking news, the airing of her interview was re-scheduled and premiered the weekend before Christmas, and re-aired on Christmas night. The CNN quote reads:
“The horrible tragedy in Newtown, CT has brought to the forefront a much needed and long overdue national conversation regarding the lack of gun control and mental health services in our country… I hope the story of Sandy Hook Elementary finally catalyzes the nation, and our leaders in Washington, to commit to doing something substantive regarding gun control and access to mental health care services to those who desperately need it.” A further statement from her website reads, “It makes no sense that automatic and semi-automatic weapons are available for public sale. The U.S. has more guns and more gun violence than any other civilized country in the world. And since 2009, the National Alliance on Mental Illness has reported that states have cut more than 1.6 billion in general funds from their state mental health agency budgets.”
The interview is scheduled to air again on December 27th. Read more of Ms. Streisand’s comments at: www.barbrastreisand.com/us/news
Larry Buford is a Los Angeles-based songwriter and freelance article writer. He’s also the author of “Things Are Gettin’ Outta Hand” (Steuben Pub) www.amazon.com. Visit Larry at www.larrybuford.com. Email him at [email protected] or call: 213-20-8101.
- Celebs You Wish You Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here