*Riding high on her starring role in the new movie ‘The Guilt Trip,’ singer/actress Barbra Streisand’s quote on the Newtown, CT tragedy was grafted into her interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan which was taped prior to the tragedy that took place on December 14, 2012. Because of the breaking news, the airing of her interview was re-scheduled and premiered the weekend before Christmas, and re-aired on Christmas night. The CNN quote reads:
“The horrible tragedy in Newtown, CT has brought to the forefront a much needed and long overdue national conversation regarding the lack of gun control and mental health services in our country… I hope the story of Sandy Hook Elementary finally catalyzes the nation, and our leaders in Washington, to commit to doing something substantive regarding gun control and access to mental health care services to those who desperately need it.” A further statement from her website reads, “It makes no sense that automatic and semi-automatic weapons are available for public sale. The U.S. has more guns and more gun violence than any other civilized country in the world. And since 2009, the National Alliance on Mental Illness has reported that states have cut more than 1.6 billion in general funds from their state mental health agency budgets.”
The interview is scheduled to air again on December 27th. Read more of Ms. Streisand’s comments at: www.barbrastreisand.com/us/news
Larry Buford is a Los Angeles-based songwriter and freelance article writer. He’s also the author of “Things Are Gettin’ Outta Hand” (Steuben Pub) www.amazon.com. Visit Larry at www.larrybuford.com. Email him at [email protected] or call: 213-20-8101.
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here