*“Basketball Wives LA” cast members and sisters, Gloria and Laura Govan, were in a festive mood by hosting a Toy Drive Thursday (12/6/12) night in Downtown Los Angeles. The drive benefits the Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women & Children, also based in Los Angeles.
Gloria explained why she got involved with this cause:
“It’s really a great institute and to be able to give back to the community especially right here in our own backyard is such an important cause to us. We would love to see every child go home this Christmas with a gift.”
Laura added that helping homeless single moms is what really drew her to the center:
“I try to touch so many bases but this time my biggest thing was single mothers and homelessness. Sometimes, I feel like a single mother. I have 4 kids and sometimes I’m by myself. I have a lot to deal with and it’s hard. People may think I have all of the resources in the world but no a lot of things I do on my own. So, I tough it out. I understand. It’s hard.”
The Toy Drive was co-hosted by Jada Paul, who’s married to the Los Angeles Clippers’ Chris Paul, and the “Shahs of Sunset’s” Mercedes Javid. On Friday (12/7/12), the Govan sisters along with Vanessa Bryant, Kobe’s wife, and other basketball wives delivered the toys personally to the center, which has been serving the Los Angeles area since 1984.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here