*“Basketball Wives LA” cast members and sisters, Gloria and Laura Govan, were in a festive mood by hosting a Toy Drive Thursday (12/6/12) night in Downtown Los Angeles. The drive benefits the Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women & Children, also based in Los Angeles.
Gloria explained why she got involved with this cause:
“It’s really a great institute and to be able to give back to the community especially right here in our own backyard is such an important cause to us. We would love to see every child go home this Christmas with a gift.”
Laura added that helping homeless single moms is what really drew her to the center:
“I try to touch so many bases but this time my biggest thing was single mothers and homelessness. Sometimes, I feel like a single mother. I have 4 kids and sometimes I’m by myself. I have a lot to deal with and it’s hard. People may think I have all of the resources in the world but no a lot of things I do on my own. So, I tough it out. I understand. It’s hard.”
The Toy Drive was co-hosted by Jada Paul, who’s married to the Los Angeles Clippers’ Chris Paul, and the “Shahs of Sunset’s” Mercedes Javid. On Friday (12/7/12), the Govan sisters along with Vanessa Bryant, Kobe’s wife, and other basketball wives delivered the toys personally to the center, which has been serving the Los Angeles area since 1984.
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- 'WAGS' Star Autumn Ajirotutu on Why She’s Not a Gold-Digger
- Did Enquirer Pay Nick Gordon $40K to Visit Bobbi Kristina’s Grave?
- George Zimmerman Calls Pres. Obama ‘Ignorant Baboon’ in Twitter Rant Over WDBJ Shootings
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Judge Joe Brown in Jail for Contempt of Court (Listen to Him Challenge the Judge)
- Christina Milian Mourns Death of Newborn Nephew
- Spike Lee to Receive Honorary Academy Award
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here