*“Basketball Wives LA” cast members and sisters, Gloria and Laura Govan, were in a festive mood by hosting a Toy Drive Thursday (12/6/12) night in Downtown Los Angeles. The drive benefits the Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women & Children, also based in Los Angeles.
Gloria explained why she got involved with this cause:
“It’s really a great institute and to be able to give back to the community especially right here in our own backyard is such an important cause to us. We would love to see every child go home this Christmas with a gift.”
Laura added that helping homeless single moms is what really drew her to the center:
“I try to touch so many bases but this time my biggest thing was single mothers and homelessness. Sometimes, I feel like a single mother. I have 4 kids and sometimes I’m by myself. I have a lot to deal with and it’s hard. People may think I have all of the resources in the world but no a lot of things I do on my own. So, I tough it out. I understand. It’s hard.”
The Toy Drive was co-hosted by Jada Paul, who’s married to the Los Angeles Clippers’ Chris Paul, and the “Shahs of Sunset’s” Mercedes Javid. On Friday (12/7/12), the Govan sisters along with Vanessa Bryant, Kobe’s wife, and other basketball wives delivered the toys personally to the center, which has been serving the Los Angeles area since 1984.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Fox News Co-Host Asked if She 'Makes Kool-Aid' (WATCH)
- President Obama's Statement Regarding Laquan McDonald Murder
- Dr. Rapp: Enjoy Patti's Pie, Avoid Fatti's Pounds
- Nick Canon Talks 'Chi-Raq' & Calls Nicki Minaj A THOT?!
- One Year Since His Death, Tamir Rice's Mother Still Seeking Justice
- Old Email from Farrell, PA's New Police Chief Includes the Word 'N*gger' and Prompts Outrage ... and Support from the Town's Black Mayor
- 60% of Staff at Movie Theater in Connecticut Have a Disability
- Bowlegged Lou's Personal Insight Into TV One's UnSung Marathon
- THE (11-26-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- (Listen) ‘The Meaning of Life, Explained By 3rd Graders’ is Brilliant and On Point!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here