*Over the years, Blair Underwood has earned the respect of movie watchers, Broadway audiences and plenty of women, because of his great acting skills of course.
His most recent film production, “Woman Thou Art Loosed!: On the 7th Day,” is another reputable notch in his belt. But working with T.D. Jakes has been particularly insightful, he revealed in an interview with Essence.com.
“Not everyday, but he came down a couple times,” he said. “One time in particular he came down and we shot a scene with him in church while he was preaching. But he is of course very supportive of it. It is one of his many endeavors and he put this different model on it, held his obligations about it, followed it and it really affords his work— it’s a good thing.”
The actor also chatted about working with Tyler Perry, comedy and marriage.
“Oh, yeah my wife and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary Sept. 17th. Best decision I’ve ever made — from the time we first started dating she’d say, ‘If people even knew what kind of fool you are and how crazy you like to act they would never believe it,’” he said. “You know our kids now, our oldest son is 15, our daughter is 13 and our youngest son is 11 and I’m constantly embarrassing them. I tell them it’s my job as your father is to embarrass you.”
Check out the full interview at Essence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- John Legend Presents the Debut Trailer from 'Southside With You'
- Katt Williams Arrested Again After Alleged Salt-Shaker Attack
- Beyonce: Jay Z Cheated ... But This Timeline Reveals the Truth
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here