*Officials have removed a relaxation drink named after reggae icon Bob Marley after it made several students at a New Jersey school sick.
Marley’s Mellow Mood is promoted to reduce stress. The drink’s nutrition facts say it may cause drowsiness and is not intended for children. However, students at Satz Middle School and Holmdel High School were able to buy it on campus. Several middle school students were sickened on Friday.
It’s unclear what the students’ symptoms were.
The Asbury Park Press reports the school district’s food service provider has removed a manager pending an investigation. Chartwells School Dining Services also has removed the Marley product.
The company issued a statement in which it said it takes this situation very seriously.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jennifer Lopez to Host & Perform the '2015 American Music Awards'
- Instagram Users Post Pics of Male North West Look-alikes
- Sanaa Lathan Lands 'Racially-Charged' Drama, Hannibal Buress Debuts Unaired Pilot
- GOP Gov Freezes Funds for Chicago’s 'Operation CeaseFire' As Homicides Rise
- The Film Strip: Joe Wright on Diversity and Rooney Mara on Being Clothed in 'PAN'
- 'Blue Lives Matter' Billboard Campaign Aims to Honor Cops ... And Distract From 'That Other One'
- Snoop Dogg, Birdman, Jermaine Dupri, Damon Dash to Star in BET Reality Series
- Three 6 Mafia Rapper Koopsta Knicca Dies of Stroke at 40
- Freshman, 18, Dies in Shooting at Texas Southern University; Obama Protested in Ore.
- Baltimore Mayor Compares Cop/Community Relations to Bad Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here