*Officials have removed a relaxation drink named after reggae icon Bob Marley after it made several students at a New Jersey school sick.
Marley’s Mellow Mood is promoted to reduce stress. The drink’s nutrition facts say it may cause drowsiness and is not intended for children. However, students at Satz Middle School and Holmdel High School were able to buy it on campus. Several middle school students were sickened on Friday.
It’s unclear what the students’ symptoms were.
The Asbury Park Press reports the school district’s food service provider has removed a manager pending an investigation. Chartwells School Dining Services also has removed the Marley product.
The company issued a statement in which it said it takes this situation very seriously.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here