*Officials have removed a relaxation drink named after reggae icon Bob Marley after it made several students at a New Jersey school sick.
Marley’s Mellow Mood is promoted to reduce stress. The drink’s nutrition facts say it may cause drowsiness and is not intended for children. However, students at Satz Middle School and Holmdel High School were able to buy it on campus. Several middle school students were sickened on Friday.
It’s unclear what the students’ symptoms were.
The Asbury Park Press reports the school district’s food service provider has removed a manager pending an investigation. Chartwells School Dining Services also has removed the Marley product.
The company issued a statement in which it said it takes this situation very seriously.
- The Pulse of Entertainment: It’s the Beginning of a new era for the 'Terminator' Franchise with 'Terminator Genisys'
- Jason Derulo Channels King of Pop in New 'Cheyenne' Video - WATCH
- Diddy Won't be Prosecuted by DA for UCLA Altercation with Coach
- Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father is Gay
- The Game Faces Three Years in Prison for Assaulting Cop
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers on the ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ of Andre Lyon
- Ratings Plummet in Return of Halle Berry’s ‘Extant’
- L.A. District Attorney (Jackie Lacey) Silent on Pressing Charges Against CHP Officer in Video Beating
- Marisa Tomei Joins 'Empire' as Recurring Character
- Prince Yanks His Music From Every Streaming Service Except Tidal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here