*Officials have removed a relaxation drink named after reggae icon Bob Marley after it made several students at a New Jersey school sick.
Marley’s Mellow Mood is promoted to reduce stress. The drink’s nutrition facts say it may cause drowsiness and is not intended for children. However, students at Satz Middle School and Holmdel High School were able to buy it on campus. Several middle school students were sickened on Friday.
It’s unclear what the students’ symptoms were.
The Asbury Park Press reports the school district’s food service provider has removed a manager pending an investigation. Chartwells School Dining Services also has removed the Marley product.
The company issued a statement in which it said it takes this situation very seriously.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Presenting the EURweb - Kashif & Friends, Black Music Month Celebration On-Line Contest!
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here