The contest started on Monday and will continue through February 22 at 12:00 a.m. CT. The winner will be announced on Friday, March 8.
Jenkins penned “You’ve Been A Friend” for Israel Houghton, which he recorded on his album, Israel and the New Breed Alive in South Africa. That CD won a 2005 Grammy Award for best traditional gospel album. Jenkins also wrote the no. 1 praise and worship anthem “Awesome,” from The Best of Both Worlds CD project, which has remained at no. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Gospel Songs chart for nearly 20 weeks. Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago received eight Stellar Gospel Music Award nominations for their critically-acclaimed no. 1 debut CD, The Best of Both Worlds. The nominations include Artist of the Year, Song of the Year (awarded to songwriter), New Artist of the Year, CD of the Year, Choir of the Year, Traditional CD of the Year, Traditional Choir of the Year and Recorded Music Package of the Year.
With the extraordinary success of the single and CD project, Jenkins wants to give an aspiring songwriter the opportunity to place a song on the new project.
“This is our way to inspire songwriters, give back, and create opportunities for the next generation and beyond,” says Jenkins. “We want someone to write a worship song to inspire the world to sing!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here