The contest started on Monday and will continue through February 22 at 12:00 a.m. CT. The winner will be announced on Friday, March 8.
Jenkins penned “You’ve Been A Friend” for Israel Houghton, which he recorded on his album, Israel and the New Breed Alive in South Africa. That CD won a 2005 Grammy Award for best traditional gospel album. Jenkins also wrote the no. 1 praise and worship anthem “Awesome,” from The Best of Both Worlds CD project, which has remained at no. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Gospel Songs chart for nearly 20 weeks. Jenkins and Fellowship Chicago received eight Stellar Gospel Music Award nominations for their critically-acclaimed no. 1 debut CD, The Best of Both Worlds. The nominations include Artist of the Year, Song of the Year (awarded to songwriter), New Artist of the Year, CD of the Year, Choir of the Year, Traditional CD of the Year, Traditional Choir of the Year and Recorded Music Package of the Year.
With the extraordinary success of the single and CD project, Jenkins wants to give an aspiring songwriter the opportunity to place a song on the new project.
“This is our way to inspire songwriters, give back, and create opportunities for the next generation and beyond,” says Jenkins. “We want someone to write a worship song to inspire the world to sing!
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here