*Looks like today’s gonna be a good day for Chris Bosh … moneywise.
And why is that? Well, the Miami Heat superstar made out like fat rat in a barrel of cheese when a judge in Orlando sided with him in his attempt to be deemed an official resident of Texas instead of Florida!
You may be wondering why Bosh keeps claiming he doesn’t live in Florida three years into his contract with the Heat?
Because, as we’ve previously reported, his baby mama – Allison Mathis – is only getting $2,600-a-month in child support from him because of a ruling in Texas, which Bosh claims as his official residence.
Had Bosh been found to be a Florida resident, he’d be looking at $30,000-a-month in child support for the next 15 years, reports Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra.
The ruling comes as part of a three-year battle between Bosh and an ex-girlfriend over their three-year-old daughter. The Heater was married last year to Adrienne Bosh. They have an infant son.
But when he played for the Toronto Raptors, Bosh lived with Allison Mathis, who got pregnant through fertility treatment.
Jane Carey, Mathis’ attorney, called today’s ruling a “miscarriage of justice” and promised to appeal.
“Everybody knows that Texas is rough on horses and women,” Carey said. “Now, I guess that any young man in Florida who makes big money should get a Texas address before they have a baby.
“They’ll save a lot of money that way.”
In August, the Dallas born-and-bred Bosh did appear before Orange County Circuit Court Judge Robert Evans and was grilled for two hours about his current residency. At the time, Carey stopped just short of calling him a liar.
At that hearing, Bosh admitted that, in order to get a mortgage to pay for his $12.5 million-Miami Beach home, he signed an affidavit swearing that the North Bay Road mansion would be his primary residence.
Bosh also fielded questions on why his name was purged from Texas’ voters lists.
But Judge Evans said he based his decision on one set of documents: Bosh’s income-tax filings, sent to the IRS from Texas!
If you’re wondering, because he had to play a game, Bosh was not in court and so far hasn’t issued a statement. Also, his attorney couldn’t be reached for comment, either.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here