Film stars have lit up its silver screen, says the New York Daily News.
Boxers have battered each other at the historic Grand Concourse venue. Rockers and rappers have made its stage shake.
Bronx power brokers staged a political coup at the city landmark, where a cornered gang banger once shot himself in the head.
The 83-year-old theater in Fordham, NY has served many purposes and masters, and for its next act, the Paradise will play a mega-church.
The World Changers Church of New York, headed by controversial Georgia-based televangelist Creflo Dollar, has signed a lease to occupy the venue, as first reported by the Riverdale Review.
Built in 1929 to resemble a heavenly paradise, the theater will offer its new congregants just that. World Changers Church preaches “prosperity theology,” a worldview that equates piety and wealth.
Want to know more? Read it at the New York Daily News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Author Guarantees 'Boy, Get a Job...' Helps Teens Find Work
- THE (02-11-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here