*According to Deadline, Quentin Tarantino’s R-rated “Django Unchained” is giving the G-rated “Les Misérables” a run for the money at the box office.
Actually both titles are vying for the number 2 spot behind the “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” which has already taken in over $200 million domestically.
As of its 3am report this morning, the site says “Django” Estimated Weekend cume is $28.7M, while “Les Mis” is at $28.4M.
The Top Ten films based on Friday estimates:
1. The Hobbit (MGM/Wwarner Bros) Week 3 [Runs 4,100] PG13
Friday $10.0M, Est Weekend $32.5M, Est Cume $220.0M
2. Django Unchained (Sony/Weinstein) Week 1 [Runs 3,010] R
Friday $9.3M, Est Weekend $28.7M, Est Cume $59.4M
3. Les Misérables (Working Title/Universal) Week 1 [Runs 2,814] PG13
Friday $9.3M, Est Weekend $28.4M, Est Cume $66.5M
4. Parental Guidance (Walden/Fox) Week 1 [Runs 3,367] PG
Friday $5.0M, Est Weekend $14.5M, Est Cume $29.4M
5. Jack Reacher (Skydance/Paramount) Week 2 [Runs 3,352] PG13
Friday $4.5M, Est Weekend $13.2M, Est Cume $43.5M
6. This Is 40 (Universal) Week 2 [Runs 2,914] R
Friday $3.8M, Est Weekend $11.4M, Est Cume $35.3M
7. Lincoln (DreamWorks/Fox/Disney) Week 8 [Runs 1,966] PG13
Friday $2.3M, Est Weekend $7.0M, Est Cume $131.5M
8. Monsters Inc 3D (Pixar/Disney) Week 2 [Runs 2,618] G
Friday $2.3M, Est Weekend $6.5M, Est Cume $18.6M
9. The Guilt Trip (Skydance/Paramount) Week 2 [Runs 2,431] PG13
Friday $2.0M, Est Weekend $6.0M, Est Cume $20.4M
10. Rise Of The Guardians (DWA/Par) Week 5 [Runs 3,031]
Friday $1.8M, Est Weekend $5.5M, Est Cume $90.9M
For more estimates listed by title, see box office results.