*Bad news for Avery Johnson. He’s been fired as coach of the Brooklyn Nets, who lost 10 of 13 games to drop to .500. General manager Billy King announced the move Thursday, but didn’t announce an interim coach for their next game against Charlotte at home Friday night. Johnson has been the Nets’ coach for a little more than two seasons. He went 60-116 with the Nets, who moved from New Jersey to Brooklyn to start the 2012-13 season.
*In Texas, a grand jury has formally indicted Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent on one count of intoxication manslaughter. Brent is charged in connection with a Dec. 8 crash that killed his friend and Cowboys practice squad member Jerry Brown. He is free on $100,000 bond. Dallas County District Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Debbie Denmon says the indictment was returned Wednesday.
*Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman says he has beaten a pending four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy, according to ESPN. Sherman announced he won his appeal via Twitter, writing, “I won.” Sherman also tweeted: “Thank you @nfl for upholding the truth! To the 12s Thank you your faith is rewarded! Thank you lord “
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- 4 Upgrades to Catch the Eye of Luxury Homebuyers
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Dogs Bark, Sharks Attack, And Alligators Eat People
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits 2016 Pt.2
- THE (06-28-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here