*Bad news for Avery Johnson. He’s been fired as coach of the Brooklyn Nets, who lost 10 of 13 games to drop to .500. General manager Billy King announced the move Thursday, but didn’t announce an interim coach for their next game against Charlotte at home Friday night. Johnson has been the Nets’ coach for a little more than two seasons. He went 60-116 with the Nets, who moved from New Jersey to Brooklyn to start the 2012-13 season.
*In Texas, a grand jury has formally indicted Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent on one count of intoxication manslaughter. Brent is charged in connection with a Dec. 8 crash that killed his friend and Cowboys practice squad member Jerry Brown. He is free on $100,000 bond. Dallas County District Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Debbie Denmon says the indictment was returned Wednesday.
*Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman says he has beaten a pending four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy, according to ESPN. Sherman announced he won his appeal via Twitter, writing, “I won.” Sherman also tweeted: “Thank you @nfl for upholding the truth! To the 12s Thank you your faith is rewarded! Thank you lord “
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Man Who Read Book at Beyonce Concert Explains; Reveals Title
- Video of Prince’s Emergency Landing in Illinois Released (Watch)
- ‘Empire’s’ Trai Byers, Grace Gealey Share Honeymoon Pics from Europe
- Faith Evans, Eric Benet, Aloe Blacc Added to Prince Tribute in L.A.
- Adele Stops Her Concert to Praise Beyonce; Calls Her ‘Jesus F***ing Christ’ (Watch)
- Why You Suddenly Heard Prince Music on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ and ‘Scandal’
- 7-Year-Old Girl Wins Handwriting Competition With No Hands
- Blac Chyna, Rob Kardashian Confirm Pregnancy with Baby Bump Emoji
- Elise Neal, Eriq LaSalle Join Hugh Jackman in ‘Wolverine 3’
- La La Anthony, Monica Calhoun, Yvette Nicole Brown Join BET’s 'New Edition: The Movie'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here