*Bad news for Avery Johnson. He’s been fired as coach of the Brooklyn Nets, who lost 10 of 13 games to drop to .500. General manager Billy King announced the move Thursday, but didn’t announce an interim coach for their next game against Charlotte at home Friday night. Johnson has been the Nets’ coach for a little more than two seasons. He went 60-116 with the Nets, who moved from New Jersey to Brooklyn to start the 2012-13 season.
*In Texas, a grand jury has formally indicted Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent on one count of intoxication manslaughter. Brent is charged in connection with a Dec. 8 crash that killed his friend and Cowboys practice squad member Jerry Brown. He is free on $100,000 bond. Dallas County District Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Debbie Denmon says the indictment was returned Wednesday.
*Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman says he has beaten a pending four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy, according to ESPN. Sherman announced he won his appeal via Twitter, writing, “I won.” Sherman also tweeted: “Thank you @nfl for upholding the truth! To the 12s Thank you your faith is rewarded! Thank you lord “
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here