*Bad news for Avery Johnson. He’s been fired as coach of the Brooklyn Nets, who lost 10 of 13 games to drop to .500. General manager Billy King announced the move Thursday, but didn’t announce an interim coach for their next game against Charlotte at home Friday night. Johnson has been the Nets’ coach for a little more than two seasons. He went 60-116 with the Nets, who moved from New Jersey to Brooklyn to start the 2012-13 season.
*In Texas, a grand jury has formally indicted Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent on one count of intoxication manslaughter. Brent is charged in connection with a Dec. 8 crash that killed his friend and Cowboys practice squad member Jerry Brown. He is free on $100,000 bond. Dallas County District Attorney’s Office spokeswoman Debbie Denmon says the indictment was returned Wednesday.
*Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman says he has beaten a pending four-game suspension for violating the NFL’s performance-enhancing drug policy, according to ESPN. Sherman announced he won his appeal via Twitter, writing, “I won.” Sherman also tweeted: “Thank you @nfl for upholding the truth! To the 12s Thank you your faith is rewarded! Thank you lord “
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Gov. Nikki Haley to #BlackLivesMatter: You Don’t Have to ‘Yell and Scream’ (Watch)
- Dwight Howard Brings Loaded Glock to Houston Airport, Avoids Arrest
- RGIII Gets Standing Ovation at Redskins Event
- Watch ‘Melville’, the SXSW Short Michael Strahan is Developing for TV
- AcaciaTV Strives To Increase Diversity In Fitness Videos, Training
- Meet New 'Daily Show' Correspondent Roy Wood Jr. (Video)
- The Isley Brothers’ Essential Library - 23-CD Box Set Collection is Historic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here