The singer, 62, has been fighting the disease since 1999, but now spends a lot of time under careful watch and chemotherapy at the John Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Although many would like to be optimistic about the outcome, he’s preparing for the worse.
“Look, cancer is what it is. I know my time is now very short, and I’m just thankful to have God and to be able to somehow have the care that I have,” he told the Sentinel.
Harris joined the group with his falsetto voice in 1971, replacing Eddie Kendricks who had left.
Not only has the cancer and treatment taken a toll on his body, but also his finances. His savings is all spent and he now lives check to check.
According to NewsOne, Harris’ friends and booking company has set up a fund-raiser to help the entertainer pay for his expenses. If you’d like to contribute, you can send your donation to:
RTJP Company, LTD., c/o the Damon Harris Fund, 717 Market St., Box 411, Lemoyne, PA 17043
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here