The singer, 62, has been fighting the disease since 1999, but now spends a lot of time under careful watch and chemotherapy at the John Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Although many would like to be optimistic about the outcome, he’s preparing for the worse.
“Look, cancer is what it is. I know my time is now very short, and I’m just thankful to have God and to be able to somehow have the care that I have,” he told the Sentinel.
Harris joined the group with his falsetto voice in 1971, replacing Eddie Kendricks who had left.
Not only has the cancer and treatment taken a toll on his body, but also his finances. His savings is all spent and he now lives check to check.
According to NewsOne, Harris’ friends and booking company has set up a fund-raiser to help the entertainer pay for his expenses. If you’d like to contribute, you can send your donation to:
RTJP Company, LTD., c/o the Damon Harris Fund, 717 Market St., Box 411, Lemoyne, PA 17043
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Venus Williams Wins First Round Match at Wimbledon (Pics, Video)
- Keyshia Cole Sued for Trashing Apt.; Landlord wants $150k Plus (Pics)
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here