The singer, 62, has been fighting the disease since 1999, but now spends a lot of time under careful watch and chemotherapy at the John Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Although many would like to be optimistic about the outcome, he’s preparing for the worse.
“Look, cancer is what it is. I know my time is now very short, and I’m just thankful to have God and to be able to somehow have the care that I have,” he told the Sentinel.
Harris joined the group with his falsetto voice in 1971, replacing Eddie Kendricks who had left.
Not only has the cancer and treatment taken a toll on his body, but also his finances. His savings is all spent and he now lives check to check.
According to NewsOne, Harris’ friends and booking company has set up a fund-raiser to help the entertainer pay for his expenses. If you’d like to contribute, you can send your donation to:
RTJP Company, LTD., c/o the Damon Harris Fund, 717 Market St., Box 411, Lemoyne, PA 17043
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Khloe Kardashian Not Spending Thanksgiving With Lamar Odom
- Gonna Fly Now: ‘Creed’ Sets Pre-Thanksgiving Record with $1.4M Box Office
- Black Student Criticizes WWU For Ignoring Racist Threats Against Her
- EUR on Set with 'Rosewood's' Morris Chestnut & Taye Diggs WATCH)
- Greg Hardy Cancels Thanksgiving Nightclub Gig Over ‘Public Image’?
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Gap Band Family Feud! Ronnie Wilson Sues Charlie Wilson
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here