According to Farrakhan representative, Akbar Muhammed, the Nation of Islam leader went to a hospital on Tuesday with a “low-grade fever.” He says Farrakhan has left the St. Thomas hospital and is describing his condition as “fine.”
Farrakhan, 79, had been scheduled to give a speech on St. Croix but it was canceled. He is expected to visit a St. Croix prison on Wednesday.
Farrakhan is on a Caribbean tour to islands including Barbados, Dominica, and the Bahamas.
He has had a number of health problems over the years, including prostate cancer surgery in 2000 and a five-week hospital stay in 2007.
The Chicago-based Nation of Islam has espoused black nationalism and self-reliance since it was founded in the 1930s.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here