According to Farrakhan representative, Akbar Muhammed, the Nation of Islam leader went to a hospital on Tuesday with a “low-grade fever.” He says Farrakhan has left the St. Thomas hospital and is describing his condition as “fine.”
Farrakhan, 79, had been scheduled to give a speech on St. Croix but it was canceled. He is expected to visit a St. Croix prison on Wednesday.
Farrakhan is on a Caribbean tour to islands including Barbados, Dominica, and the Bahamas.
He has had a number of health problems over the years, including prostate cancer surgery in 2000 and a five-week hospital stay in 2007.
The Chicago-based Nation of Islam has espoused black nationalism and self-reliance since it was founded in the 1930s.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here