According to Farrakhan representative, Akbar Muhammed, the Nation of Islam leader went to a hospital on Tuesday with a “low-grade fever.” He says Farrakhan has left the St. Thomas hospital and is describing his condition as “fine.”
Farrakhan, 79, had been scheduled to give a speech on St. Croix but it was canceled. He is expected to visit a St. Croix prison on Wednesday.
Farrakhan is on a Caribbean tour to islands including Barbados, Dominica, and the Bahamas.
He has had a number of health problems over the years, including prostate cancer surgery in 2000 and a five-week hospital stay in 2007.
The Chicago-based Nation of Islam has espoused black nationalism and self-reliance since it was founded in the 1930s.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Chicago Cop Fatally Shoots Teen, Then Sues His Family
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here