According to Farrakhan representative, Akbar Muhammed, the Nation of Islam leader went to a hospital on Tuesday with a “low-grade fever.” He says Farrakhan has left the St. Thomas hospital and is describing his condition as “fine.”
Farrakhan, 79, had been scheduled to give a speech on St. Croix but it was canceled. He is expected to visit a St. Croix prison on Wednesday.
Farrakhan is on a Caribbean tour to islands including Barbados, Dominica, and the Bahamas.
He has had a number of health problems over the years, including prostate cancer surgery in 2000 and a five-week hospital stay in 2007.
The Chicago-based Nation of Islam has espoused black nationalism and self-reliance since it was founded in the 1930s.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- TV Academy Sues Over Whitney Houston's Illegal Emmy Auction
- While Supreme Court Guts 4th Amendment, Black America left hypnotized by the NBA and Lebron James
- Mahershala Ali: The 'Free State of Jones' Interview with Kam Williams
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Wife Drea Takes Twerking to a New Level...And In a Floor Length Skirt (Watch)
- Broadway’s ‘Shuffle Along’ to Close With Audra McDonald’s Maternity Exit
- Obama to Cavs Coach Tyronn Lue: "Tell J.R. and Everybody to Put On a Shirt" (Watch)
- Drunk Diner Leaves $1k Tip ... and Comes Back for it the Next Day
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here