Today, the two shows were announced: a drama titled “The Haves And The Have Nots” and a sitcom called “Love Thy Neighbor,” both from his production company Tyler Perry Studios, the network confirmed.
“Haves” will be Perry’s first small screen foray into drama after churning out sitcoms “House Of Payne,” “Meet The Browns” and “For Better Or Worse” on TBS.
“The Haves And The Have Nots” focuses on two families – the affluent Cryer family and the impoverished family of their housekeeper Hanna – and the challenges and skeletons that lurk within both families.
“Love Thy Neighbor” is about the food, laughs and lessons always available at Love’s Diner.
With his TV hustle now just as strong as his motion picture and theater game – not to mention Perry was 2011’s Highest Paid Man in Entertainment,” the 43-year-old New Orleans native is now legitimately referred to as an “entertainment mogul.” Below, Perry says he’s not tripping over the “mogul” title, he just wants to be the next Norman Lear (the great TV producer behind such classic shows as “All in the Family,” “Sanford and Son,” ‘One Day at a Time,” “The Jeffersons,””Good Times” and “Maude”).
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here