Today, the two shows were announced: a drama titled “The Haves And The Have Nots” and a sitcom called “Love Thy Neighbor,” both from his production company Tyler Perry Studios, the network confirmed.
“Haves” will be Perry’s first small screen foray into drama after churning out sitcoms “House Of Payne,” “Meet The Browns” and “For Better Or Worse” on TBS.
“The Haves And The Have Nots” focuses on two families – the affluent Cryer family and the impoverished family of their housekeeper Hanna – and the challenges and skeletons that lurk within both families.
“Love Thy Neighbor” is about the food, laughs and lessons always available at Love’s Diner.
With his TV hustle now just as strong as his motion picture and theater game – not to mention Perry was 2011’s Highest Paid Man in Entertainment,” the 43-year-old New Orleans native is now legitimately referred to as an “entertainment mogul.” Below, Perry says he’s not tripping over the “mogul” title, he just wants to be the next Norman Lear (the great TV producer behind such classic shows as “All in the Family,” “Sanford and Son,” ‘One Day at a Time,” “The Jeffersons,””Good Times” and “Maude”).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here