Today, the two shows were announced: a drama titled “The Haves And The Have Nots” and a sitcom called “Love Thy Neighbor,” both from his production company Tyler Perry Studios, the network confirmed.
“Haves” will be Perry’s first small screen foray into drama after churning out sitcoms “House Of Payne,” “Meet The Browns” and “For Better Or Worse” on TBS.
“The Haves And The Have Nots” focuses on two families – the affluent Cryer family and the impoverished family of their housekeeper Hanna – and the challenges and skeletons that lurk within both families.
“Love Thy Neighbor” is about the food, laughs and lessons always available at Love’s Diner.
With his TV hustle now just as strong as his motion picture and theater game – not to mention Perry was 2011’s Highest Paid Man in Entertainment,” the 43-year-old New Orleans native is now legitimately referred to as an “entertainment mogul.” Below, Perry says he’s not tripping over the “mogul” title, he just wants to be the next Norman Lear (the great TV producer behind such classic shows as “All in the Family,” “Sanford and Son,” ‘One Day at a Time,” “The Jeffersons,””Good Times” and “Maude”).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- BET Drops Trailer for New Edition Biopic [Watch]
- WNBA's Candace Parker Shares Handwritten Recruitment Letter from Pat Summitt
- No Designers Wanted to Dress Leslie Jones for 'Ghostbusters' Red Carpet
- Drake Struggles With 'Work Banter' in Cut ‘SNL’ Sketch (Watch)
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here