As you can see in the photo above, she took the phone to answer calls from the kiddies who called NORAD (North American Air Defense) looking for updates on when Santa would be coming to visit. It’s kind of the old style way to track the Big Man, you know. 🙂
If you didn’t know, this is actually the third time she’s participated in NORAD’s program. Her standard greeting for the kids is:
“Hello, this is First Lady Michelle Obama with NORAD Tracks Santa. How may I help you?”
She lets children know about Santa’s progress and when to expect him at their homes. She absolutely loves doing it.
“This is such a wonderful holiday tradition, and I’m always so thrilled to be a part of it,” she says. “I love hearing the excitement and anticipation in the children’s voices as they learn Santa’s location – that’s what brings the magic of this night to life for all of us.”
Below (via POLITICO) is the transcript of a very interesting call Mrs. Obama fielded from a youngster named Anthony from Texas, who didn’t care about Santa and just wanted a visit from the First Lady herself!
ANTHONY: Can you come visit me in Texas?
MRS. OBAMA: Yeah, [Santa’s] heading your way. He’s heading your way. But you know what, Santa doesn’t come until you’re fast asleep. You do know that, right?
ANTHONY: Yeah, I was talking about you trying to visit me.
MRS. OBAMA: Oh, me come to visit you. (Laughter.) Well, I don’t know if I’m going to be able to come and visit before Christmas tomorrow, but if ever I find myself in Texas next year — and I know I’m going to be coming to Texas one time next year — hopefully we can see each other then. How does that sound?
ANTHONY: Will you come to my house?
MRS. OBAMA: Yeah, I don’t know if I can come to your house. I might not be able to do that. But I’ll be keeping an eye on you, though.
ANTHONY: How about my school?
MRS. OBAMA: Your school — maybe your school. What school do you go to?
MRS. OBAMA: All right, well, I’m going to tell my assistant right now. What part of Texas are you from?
ANTHONY: Fort Worth.
MRS. OBAMA: You’re at Fort Worth? I was in Fort Worth last year. So maybe we can come back. But until then, I want you to have a merry Christmas, okay Anthony?
MRS. OBAMA: All right, you give your family my best — what did you say, babe?
ANTHONY: Can I talk to your husband?
MRS. OBAMA: He’s not here right now. (Laughter.) But you know what, I will tell him that you asked about him. Okay?
MRS. OBAMA: All right. You keep being a good kid. Work hard in school, okay?
ANTHONY: Okay. Tell your daughters I said Merry Christmas.
MRS. OBAMA: I sure will. Thank you so much. You give your family my best, okay? You give them all a Merry Christmas from all of the Obamas, okay?
ANTHONY: Okay. Thank you…
WLike we said, interesting. Very interesting. Anthony, you’re quite the rascal, young man. 🙂
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here