He told the Guardian recently that he may not make another album, but could be going toward composing a novel soon.
But rest assured, he’s still a musician – he was just in the studio with Alicia Keys, Pharrell and Jay-Z – and will continue to make music.
“This isn’t a faux retirement,” he said. “It’s no bullsh-t. I was just making music yesterday. But I do think – it would be f–king legendary if I just made Channel Orange last year, then put out a best-selling novel next year, then, you know, designed an arena in Stockholm in 2014! I don’t know! You just do what you can and you have as much fun as possible, and love your life as much as you can despite the bullshit and all the expectations and sh-t.”
He ain’t never lied. One jam session with Alicia in the studio turned into a whole track entitled “One Thing.”
“I really love [the song], because it’s this story about this relationship,” she said. “It starts out on the train and by the end of the song you figure out who I got on that train. And how there’s one thing you’re searching for and what happens in that story.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dencia Drags MLK into Skin Whitening War with LisaRaye (WATCH)
- Is Jada Pinkett Smith on Her Way Back to ‘Gotham’?
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here