He told the Guardian recently that he may not make another album, but could be going toward composing a novel soon.
But rest assured, he’s still a musician – he was just in the studio with Alicia Keys, Pharrell and Jay-Z – and will continue to make music.
“This isn’t a faux retirement,” he said. “It’s no bullsh-t. I was just making music yesterday. But I do think – it would be f–king legendary if I just made Channel Orange last year, then put out a best-selling novel next year, then, you know, designed an arena in Stockholm in 2014! I don’t know! You just do what you can and you have as much fun as possible, and love your life as much as you can despite the bullshit and all the expectations and sh-t.”
He ain’t never lied. One jam session with Alicia in the studio turned into a whole track entitled “One Thing.”
“I really love [the song], because it’s this story about this relationship,” she said. “It starts out on the train and by the end of the song you figure out who I got on that train. And how there’s one thing you’re searching for and what happens in that story.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here