He told the Guardian recently that he may not make another album, but could be going toward composing a novel soon.
But rest assured, he’s still a musician – he was just in the studio with Alicia Keys, Pharrell and Jay-Z – and will continue to make music.
“This isn’t a faux retirement,” he said. “It’s no bullsh-t. I was just making music yesterday. But I do think – it would be f–king legendary if I just made Channel Orange last year, then put out a best-selling novel next year, then, you know, designed an arena in Stockholm in 2014! I don’t know! You just do what you can and you have as much fun as possible, and love your life as much as you can despite the bullshit and all the expectations and sh-t.”
He ain’t never lied. One jam session with Alicia in the studio turned into a whole track entitled “One Thing.”
“I really love [the song], because it’s this story about this relationship,” she said. “It starts out on the train and by the end of the song you figure out who I got on that train. And how there’s one thing you’re searching for and what happens in that story.”
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- NBC Reportedly Close to Signing Beyonce for ‘The Wiz Live’
- Lupita Nyong’o to Make NY Stage Debut in Danai Gurira's ‘Eclipsed’
- Mariah Carey to Direct Hallmark Film, Sets NYC Xmas Shows, European Tour
- Sounds of Blackness Releases Incredible Anthem 'Black Lives Matter: No Justice No Peace!' (WATCH/LISTEN)
- Confederate Flags Left At Martin Luther King’s Church in Atlanta
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here