He told the Guardian recently that he may not make another album, but could be going toward composing a novel soon.
But rest assured, he’s still a musician – he was just in the studio with Alicia Keys, Pharrell and Jay-Z – and will continue to make music.
“This isn’t a faux retirement,” he said. “It’s no bullsh-t. I was just making music yesterday. But I do think – it would be f–king legendary if I just made Channel Orange last year, then put out a best-selling novel next year, then, you know, designed an arena in Stockholm in 2014! I don’t know! You just do what you can and you have as much fun as possible, and love your life as much as you can despite the bullshit and all the expectations and sh-t.”
He ain’t never lied. One jam session with Alicia in the studio turned into a whole track entitled “One Thing.”
“I really love [the song], because it’s this story about this relationship,” she said. “It starts out on the train and by the end of the song you figure out who I got on that train. And how there’s one thing you’re searching for and what happens in that story.”
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here