According to AJC.com media blogger Rodney Ho, long-time afternoon host Ryan Cameron will take over mornings in January. Former BET “106 & Park” host Big Tigger, last heard on the radio in D.C., will take over afternoons.
“We will definitely miss waking up every morning and coming into this studio and doing what we do every day, but we know God has other plans and other things He wants us to do,” Ski said on air. Later, he added, “I want to expand and grow.”
Translation: his contract wasn’t renewed by CBS which owns the station.
He said their final day will be Thursday, Dec. 20.
Even though his $2.2 million home in the Dunwoody section is on the market, Ski said he doesn’t plan to leaving Atlanta. He vows he’ll back on the air, but wasn’t specific as to when.
Now’s the time to be nervous if you’re a morning show personality on one of the competing stations in the market.
By the way, most major air personalities have a six-month “non-compete” that keep them off the air during that period, but after that, it’s on and poppin’.
Read/learn more at AJC.com.
Read/learn more at UrbanNewsroom.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here