According to AJC.com media blogger Rodney Ho, long-time afternoon host Ryan Cameron will take over mornings in January. Former BET “106 & Park” host Big Tigger, last heard on the radio in D.C., will take over afternoons.
“We will definitely miss waking up every morning and coming into this studio and doing what we do every day, but we know God has other plans and other things He wants us to do,” Ski said on air. Later, he added, “I want to expand and grow.”
Translation: his contract wasn’t renewed by CBS which owns the station.
He said their final day will be Thursday, Dec. 20.
Even though his $2.2 million home in the Dunwoody section is on the market, Ski said he doesn’t plan to leaving Atlanta. He vows he’ll back on the air, but wasn’t specific as to when.
Now’s the time to be nervous if you’re a morning show personality on one of the competing stations in the market.
By the way, most major air personalities have a six-month “non-compete” that keep them off the air during that period, but after that, it’s on and poppin’.
Read/learn more at AJC.com.
Read/learn more at UrbanNewsroom.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here