*Gabrielle Douglas has been a shining star since making her Olympic debut this year.
The young gymnast, who isn’t old enough to vote, says her journey has been about faith.
Gabby is releasing a book, “Grace, Gold & Glory: My Leap of Faith.”
“I want people to be inspired by my book,” Gabrielle said in a video that promotes the prose now available at Amazon.com.
“My faith stands [as] definitely the most important [thing] in my gymnastics career. God has given me this amazing talent, and He’s woken me up everyday, and kept me safe in the gym so He’s played a big role in my life,” she said.
She says no matter where she is, even if on an “international assignment,” her Bible comes along, she told Sister 2 Sister.
“I just pray that God keep me humble and keep me grounded. I don’t want to be this on top diva. I want to be this role model,” she said. “I want to be that blessing on other people.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Kim Zolciak Returning to ‘DWTS’ for the Nov. Finale
- Cassi Davis, Stephen Bishop to Host NAASC Scholarship Brunch
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here