*Halle Berry and Chaka Khan will be recognized at the next “BET Honors” in January, the cable network announced today.
The annual ceremony – which recognizes distinguished African Americans performing at high levels in music, literature, entertainment media, service and education – is scheduled to air Feb. 11, 2013 at 9 p.m. during Black History Month.
Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle, Common, Clarence Avant, T.D. Jakes and basketball star Lisa Leslie will also be feted at the event, which will tape Jan. 12 in Washington D.C. at the Warner Theatre and hosted by Gabrielle Union.
Previous honorees have included Cicely Tyson, Jamie Foxx, Whitney Houston, Queen Latifah and Sean “Diddy” Combs. Performers have included Jennifer Hudson, Trey Songz, Ne-Yo, Mary J. Blige and Patti LaBelle.
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here