*Halle Berry and Chaka Khan will be recognized at the next “BET Honors” in January, the cable network announced today.
The annual ceremony – which recognizes distinguished African Americans performing at high levels in music, literature, entertainment media, service and education – is scheduled to air Feb. 11, 2013 at 9 p.m. during Black History Month.
Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle, Common, Clarence Avant, T.D. Jakes and basketball star Lisa Leslie will also be feted at the event, which will tape Jan. 12 in Washington D.C. at the Warner Theatre and hosted by Gabrielle Union.
Previous honorees have included Cicely Tyson, Jamie Foxx, Whitney Houston, Queen Latifah and Sean “Diddy” Combs. Performers have included Jennifer Hudson, Trey Songz, Ne-Yo, Mary J. Blige and Patti LaBelle.
- Beautiful Diversity of Redheads of African Descent Documented
- Zendaya Checks Twitter Hater Who Called her Parents ‘Ugly’
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Who Knew?! Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger King Restaurants
- Ex-NFLer Simeon Rice Brings Thriller 'Unsullied' to Screens Nationally
- Uncle Luke Says Rappers 'Wasn't Wifin' Hoes' Before Kanye
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here