*Halle Berry and Chaka Khan will be recognized at the next “BET Honors” in January, the cable network announced today.
The annual ceremony – which recognizes distinguished African Americans performing at high levels in music, literature, entertainment media, service and education – is scheduled to air Feb. 11, 2013 at 9 p.m. during Black History Month.
Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle, Common, Clarence Avant, T.D. Jakes and basketball star Lisa Leslie will also be feted at the event, which will tape Jan. 12 in Washington D.C. at the Warner Theatre and hosted by Gabrielle Union.
Previous honorees have included Cicely Tyson, Jamie Foxx, Whitney Houston, Queen Latifah and Sean “Diddy” Combs. Performers have included Jennifer Hudson, Trey Songz, Ne-Yo, Mary J. Blige and Patti LaBelle.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- THE (06-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here