*Halle Berry and Chaka Khan will be recognized at the next “BET Honors” in January, the cable network announced today.
The annual ceremony – which recognizes distinguished African Americans performing at high levels in music, literature, entertainment media, service and education – is scheduled to air Feb. 11, 2013 at 9 p.m. during Black History Month.
Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle, Common, Clarence Avant, T.D. Jakes and basketball star Lisa Leslie will also be feted at the event, which will tape Jan. 12 in Washington D.C. at the Warner Theatre and hosted by Gabrielle Union.
Previous honorees have included Cicely Tyson, Jamie Foxx, Whitney Houston, Queen Latifah and Sean “Diddy” Combs. Performers have included Jennifer Hudson, Trey Songz, Ne-Yo, Mary J. Blige and Patti LaBelle.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here