*Halle Berry and Chaka Khan will be recognized at the next “BET Honors” in January, the cable network announced today.
The annual ceremony – which recognizes distinguished African Americans performing at high levels in music, literature, entertainment media, service and education – is scheduled to air Feb. 11, 2013 at 9 p.m. during Black History Month.
Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle, Common, Clarence Avant, T.D. Jakes and basketball star Lisa Leslie will also be feted at the event, which will tape Jan. 12 in Washington D.C. at the Warner Theatre and hosted by Gabrielle Union.
Previous honorees have included Cicely Tyson, Jamie Foxx, Whitney Houston, Queen Latifah and Sean “Diddy” Combs. Performers have included Jennifer Hudson, Trey Songz, Ne-Yo, Mary J. Blige and Patti LaBelle.
- Kanye Babysits Kourtney's Kid After Bust-up with Scott Disick
- Cynthia Bailey Responds to NeNe Leaving RHOA
- Maybe We Can't Solve World Hunger...But We Can Put a Serious Dent in It By Doing This!
- George Takei Apologizes for Calling Clarence Thomas 'Clown in Blackface'
- ‘Empire’s’ Kaitlin Doubleday Looking Forward to Chris Rock, Alicia Keys
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Him N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here