*The book “Game Change” has a sequel.
HBO confirmed today that they have optioned the rights to “Double Down: Game Change 2012,” from journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann.
The as yet-unwritten book is expected out for the fall of 2013, announced its publisher Penguin Press. HBO will air the movie version around the time of the 2016 presidential election.
Halperin and Heilemann’s behind-the-scenes 2010 book on the 2008 Presidential election, “Game Change: Obama And The Clintons, McCain And Palin, And The Race Of A Lifetime,” was a number one bestseller and the basis for a 2012 HBO movie. Directed by Jay Roach and starring Julianne Moore as Alaska Governor and GOP VP candidate Sarah Palin and Ed Harris as Sen. John McCain, “Game Change” debuted on HBO on March 10 of this year.
“Game Change” won four Emmys this year including best miniseries or TV movie, a best directing win for Roach and an outstanding actress in a miniseries or TV movie for Moore.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Oprah Winfrey Set for First-ever Appearance at 2016 Essence Festival
- Steven Ivory: Farewell to P-Funk’s Bernie Worrell
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams, Madison Keys Advance to 3rd Round; Sloane Stephens Reaches Rain-Delayed 2nd
- Chris Brown Snatches Phone Away From Woman Recording Him (Watch)
- Malia Obama to Intern This Summer at U.S. Embassy in Spain
- Usher’s ‘Don’t Trump America’ Shirt from BET Awards Now On Sale
- Lil Wayne’s Prison Memoir ‘Gone Til November’ Finally Due in October
- Dollywood's 'World's Fastest Wooden Coaster' is Slowed due to Recall
- Be Someone Partners W/ Police for Brains Before Bullets
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here