*The book “Game Change” has a sequel.
HBO confirmed today that they have optioned the rights to “Double Down: Game Change 2012,” from journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann.
The as yet-unwritten book is expected out for the fall of 2013, announced its publisher Penguin Press. HBO will air the movie version around the time of the 2016 presidential election.
Halperin and Heilemann’s behind-the-scenes 2010 book on the 2008 Presidential election, “Game Change: Obama And The Clintons, McCain And Palin, And The Race Of A Lifetime,” was a number one bestseller and the basis for a 2012 HBO movie. Directed by Jay Roach and starring Julianne Moore as Alaska Governor and GOP VP candidate Sarah Palin and Ed Harris as Sen. John McCain, “Game Change” debuted on HBO on March 10 of this year.
“Game Change” won four Emmys this year including best miniseries or TV movie, a best directing win for Roach and an outstanding actress in a miniseries or TV movie for Moore.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- AARP: American Association of...'Real Possibilities???'
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here