*The book “Game Change” has a sequel.
HBO confirmed today that they have optioned the rights to “Double Down: Game Change 2012,” from journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann.
The as yet-unwritten book is expected out for the fall of 2013, announced its publisher Penguin Press. HBO will air the movie version around the time of the 2016 presidential election.
Halperin and Heilemann’s behind-the-scenes 2010 book on the 2008 Presidential election, “Game Change: Obama And The Clintons, McCain And Palin, And The Race Of A Lifetime,” was a number one bestseller and the basis for a 2012 HBO movie. Directed by Jay Roach and starring Julianne Moore as Alaska Governor and GOP VP candidate Sarah Palin and Ed Harris as Sen. John McCain, “Game Change” debuted on HBO on March 10 of this year.
“Game Change” won four Emmys this year including best miniseries or TV movie, a best directing win for Roach and an outstanding actress in a miniseries or TV movie for Moore.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here