*The book “Game Change” has a sequel.
HBO confirmed today that they have optioned the rights to “Double Down: Game Change 2012,” from journalists Mark Halperin and John Heilemann.
The as yet-unwritten book is expected out for the fall of 2013, announced its publisher Penguin Press. HBO will air the movie version around the time of the 2016 presidential election.
Halperin and Heilemann’s behind-the-scenes 2010 book on the 2008 Presidential election, “Game Change: Obama And The Clintons, McCain And Palin, And The Race Of A Lifetime,” was a number one bestseller and the basis for a 2012 HBO movie. Directed by Jay Roach and starring Julianne Moore as Alaska Governor and GOP VP candidate Sarah Palin and Ed Harris as Sen. John McCain, “Game Change” debuted on HBO on March 10 of this year.
“Game Change” won four Emmys this year including best miniseries or TV movie, a best directing win for Roach and an outstanding actress in a miniseries or TV movie for Moore.
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- EUR Chats with 'The Perfect Guy' Cast: Lathan, Ealy & Chestnut (WATCH)
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here