And Pepsi wants her on their campaign for the tenth year. So they offered her superstar money … around $50 million. But critics are saying that’s a bit too much.
Well the Center for Science in the Public Interest is crying foul saying the beverage company is doing way too much and they are promoting an unhealthy drink in the midst of current health issues. In a letter to Beyoncé, the organization addressed the issue of glamorizing unhealthy lifestyles.
“Your image is one of success, health, talent, fitness and glamour,” the health group wrote in its letter. “But by lending your name and image to PepsiCo, you are associating those positive attributes with a product that is quite literally sickening Americans.”
If the partnership goes through, the health group said Beyoncé should consider donating her take to hospitals, diabetes organizations or other groups.
The appeal came days after reports that PepsiCo added another artificial sweetener to its Diet Pepsi brand in an attempt to boost the longevity of the taste. The ingredient, acesulfame potassium, joins the existing sweetener aspartame.
As we previously reported, Pepsico is also preparing to place the singer’s face on the cans of Pepsi.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Experience Fan Fest-The Future of Neo-Soul and Rap (PHOTOS)
- 'Have and Have Nots' Tyler Lepley Talks Growth, Humility & More
- Shaq's Family Lands Reality Show - TV PD Blasts LeBron for Cussin'
- Woman who Loathed Gun Control, Shoots Two Daughters to Death
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here