And Pepsi wants her on their campaign for the tenth year. So they offered her superstar money … around $50 million. But critics are saying that’s a bit too much.
Well the Center for Science in the Public Interest is crying foul saying the beverage company is doing way too much and they are promoting an unhealthy drink in the midst of current health issues. In a letter to Beyoncé, the organization addressed the issue of glamorizing unhealthy lifestyles.
“Your image is one of success, health, talent, fitness and glamour,” the health group wrote in its letter. “But by lending your name and image to PepsiCo, you are associating those positive attributes with a product that is quite literally sickening Americans.”
If the partnership goes through, the health group said Beyoncé should consider donating her take to hospitals, diabetes organizations or other groups.
The appeal came days after reports that PepsiCo added another artificial sweetener to its Diet Pepsi brand in an attempt to boost the longevity of the taste. The ingredient, acesulfame potassium, joins the existing sweetener aspartame.
As we previously reported, Pepsico is also preparing to place the singer’s face on the cans of Pepsi.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here