And Pepsi wants her on their campaign for the tenth year. So they offered her superstar money … around $50 million. But critics are saying that’s a bit too much.
Well the Center for Science in the Public Interest is crying foul saying the beverage company is doing way too much and they are promoting an unhealthy drink in the midst of current health issues. In a letter to Beyoncé, the organization addressed the issue of glamorizing unhealthy lifestyles.
“Your image is one of success, health, talent, fitness and glamour,” the health group wrote in its letter. “But by lending your name and image to PepsiCo, you are associating those positive attributes with a product that is quite literally sickening Americans.”
If the partnership goes through, the health group said Beyoncé should consider donating her take to hospitals, diabetes organizations or other groups.
The appeal came days after reports that PepsiCo added another artificial sweetener to its Diet Pepsi brand in an attempt to boost the longevity of the taste. The ingredient, acesulfame potassium, joins the existing sweetener aspartame.
As we previously reported, Pepsico is also preparing to place the singer’s face on the cans of Pepsi.
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here