TMZ revealed that a woman named Melanie Smith filed a complained in Georgia to let the state know he’s the father.
But there’s really no issue here because shortly after the baby was born, the now retired Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver and “Dancing with the Stars” champion, took a paternity test and has been taking care of his responsibilities since.
Ward says Smith is entitled to receive child support from him and thus far has provided “substantial” support so far.
At this point, the parents of little Jordyn, who will be two in January, are hashing out an official agreement on support, custody, and parenting time outside of court. Ward would like joint legal and physical custody. So far he’s been able to spend a lot of time with his daughter.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Naturi Naughton Feels Tasha St. Patrick is Relatable, Not Unrealistic
- D’Angelo a No-Show for Scheduled Prince Tribute at BET Awards
- #BlackTwitter to Justin Timberlake After Praising Jesse Williams: ‘He’s Talking About You, Tho’
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here