TMZ revealed that a woman named Melanie Smith filed a complained in Georgia to let the state know he’s the father.
But there’s really no issue here because shortly after the baby was born, the now retired Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver and “Dancing with the Stars” champion, took a paternity test and has been taking care of his responsibilities since.
Ward says Smith is entitled to receive child support from him and thus far has provided “substantial” support so far.
At this point, the parents of little Jordyn, who will be two in January, are hashing out an official agreement on support, custody, and parenting time outside of court. Ward would like joint legal and physical custody. So far he’s been able to spend a lot of time with his daughter.
- Photos: Usher and Miguel Host 5th Post BET Awards Party [Look: Photo Gallery]
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here