*Actor Malik Yoba is doing his thing on both the big and small screens with his role in “The Alphas” and the military film, “Allegiance.”
During an interview with BET.com, he chatted about an opportunity to portray Martin Luther King, Jr. in an upcoming TV movie. But more importantly, he discussed his thoughts about Denzel Washington, Forest Whitaker and Katt Williams.
Let’s cut right to the good stuff.
About Denzel, he said Denzel needs to do a bit more than be himself in his roles.
“No matter how many movies Denzel Washington does, he’s still Denzel in every movie – except for the times he played Malcolm X and Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter,” he commented. “Those were the roles where he got a chance to stretch a little more. I want to be more like Forest Whitaker in Last King of Scotland. I want to stretch a little more, that’s what I want to do. So playing Martin, I had no fear. It was like here’s a real opportunity to do something. I’m still thrilled about it and I can’t wait to see the finished film.”
Maybe he’ll get his chance to be that actor who shows some diversity as Martin Luther King Jr.
“Playing Martin Luther King Jr. was an honor for me on so many levels. It was the most I’ve ever prepared for a role,” Yoba said. “I spent a lot of my time immersing myself in not just his speeches, but listening to him talking. There are some great interviews of him going all the way back to 1957, when he was 28 years old. It was fascinating to go down that road and learn about all the different people in King’s life – like his mentors and people who went to Morehouse with his dad. It was amazing getting that deep into his life and his point of view of the world. As an actor, I want more of that kind of experience.”
Read the full interview and find out what he has to say about Forest Whitaker, Katt Williams and more, here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here