If you heard any of the advertisements leading up to the 2012 Soul Train Awards, held in Las Vegas for the first time ever, host Cedric the Entertainer’s tag line warned audiences, “What happens in Vegas will be televised!”
And it was.
The show had been taped only a few days after the election, and granted, democrats were still running on happy fumes; but did Jamie Foxx actually think he could go unscathed after making this comment,
“It’s like church over here. It’s like church in here,” the Oscar winning actor told the audience. “First of all, give an honor to God and our Lord and savior Barack Obama.”
He then encouraged the crowd to stand to their feet. While those in the audience cheered in response to Foxx’s comments, others found the remarks offensive.
“Practicing Christians are not amused by the portrayal of modern secular politicians as replacements for Jesus. But presumably their feelings don’t count, because they won’t burn anything doing in outrage,” John Hayward, from conservative blog Human Events, wrote.
“Foxx’s epiphany is startling,” said Bill Donahue, the president of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights in the United States; who refers to a 2011 red carpet interview, where Foxx admits to not knowing what God means to him.
“It just goes to show that even though Obama did not succeed in stopping the oceans from rising (as he promised to do in 2008), he succeeded in convincing Jamie Foxx, and no doubt legions of others, that God exists,” he wrote.
Is there anything worse than handing someone ammunition to feed a fire already out of control?
No comment from Jamie yet.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here