*Jamie Foxx refuses to name the mothers of his two daughters because it keeps his personal life out of the tabloids.
The Oscar winning star of “Django Unchained” has two children, Corinne, 18, and Annalise, four, but the identity of their mothers have remained a secret since birth. Foxx insists he has no confidentiality agreement to keep the women from coming forward, but he is glad the information hasn’t leaked since it makes things far less complicated.
“It’s just so cool and calm and that’s all you need… (I) need somebody… who’s not thirsty for what I do,” he told Oprah Winfrey in Sunday’s “Oprah Next Chapter.”
Foxx admits he has a similar approach to dating, insisting he won’t date anyone who has a problem keeping their relationship quiet.
Foxx lives by the motto, “Whoever you date, don’t let anybody know”, and he explains, “I was dating a girl one time and I’m sick and there was a premiere and she got her dress and she was like, ‘Well, the premiere’s tonight… what are we doing? Because I got this dress.’ And I said, ‘Ok, well you go ahead and go to the premiere and don’t come back,’ because it ain’t about that. To me, in order to make it in this business, it has to be someone who is willing to sacrifice a little bit more than what they would sacrifice in a normal relationship.”
But Foxx isn’t looking to walk down the aisle – because most of his married friends are miserable: “I always wanted to be married, 2.5 kids, wood paneling on the side of the station wagon, but… you get your heart broken one good time, especially for a man, it’s catastrophic.”
And Foxx is convinced most unions are doomed because of the added pressure placed on couples once they become husband and wife.
He says, “I always felt for my friends that got married. I would see them married for five years and then see them start to (crumble), and all of the sudden they’re not married and they’re enemies. Like they hate each other. And then I’m stuck in the middle as their friend and there’s kids involved and it wrecks everything.
“I just don’t want that… I know one couple that is married and they’re happy, but everybody else, they are gnawing their arms off.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here