*Unfortunately she won’t have her parents when she grows up, but 3-month-old daughter of Jovan Belcher and Kasandra Perkins stands to receive at least $1 million from the NFL.
Under the terms of the league’s collective bargaining agreement, little Zoey, will receive $9,000 per month for the next 48 months, and at least $4,000 per month from age 4 until she turns 18 – or 23 if she goes to college.
Zoey is eligible for the money under the league’s Surviving Child benefit, according to a USA Today report.
Belcher’s beneficiaries also will receive a life insurance payment of $1.2 million as well as money from savings accounts set up through the league. The NFL keeps the identities of beneficiaries private.
The child will be covered under the league’s health care benefits plan for the next five years.
As we reported, Jovan Belcher, a linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs, shot and killed Kasandra Perkins last Saturday morning. The incident occurred in the couple’s home, with Belcher’s mother and Zoey in the house at the time of the killing. Belcher then drove to Chiefs headquarters, where he killed himself in the parking lot in front of head coach Romeo Crennel, general manager Scott Pioli and a few others.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here