*Kansas City police have released the 911 tapes from the morning that police say Jovan Belcher killed his girlfriend Kasandra Perkins and then fled to the front door of the Chiefs’ practice facility where he turned the gun on himself.
“Oh my God. Oh my God. Cassie,” Belcher’s mother, Cheryl Shepherd, wailed. “The baby is crying … Please get the ambulance here!”
“OK, we’re on the way,” the dispatcher said. “We’ve been on the way the whole time. How old is the patient?”
“Twenty-two,” the mother said.
“Is she breathing?” the dispatcher asked.
“She is still breathing but barely. Please hurry. I don’t know how many times he shot her. They had been arguing …” the mother said.
“OK, she’s been shot?” the dispatcher asked.
Then moments later the mother seemed to direct her shouts to the wounded woman in the home.
“You hear me? Kasandra! Hey!. Stay with me!”
“Ma’am,” the dispatcher said. “Listen. Is she awake?”
“She’s barely,” the mother said. “She’s just barely. She is moving when I talk to her.”
“OK,” the dispatcher said.
“Oh, God,” the mother moaned.
” Is she bleeding?” The dispatcher asked.
“Yes, she is ….”
But the rest of what’s said was obscured by the screams of the young child.
A police officer gets on the phone and tries to get information about Belcher from the distraught mother.
The mother did not answer questions about the whereabouts of her 6-foot-2, 228-pound son, a standout 25-year-old starting linebacker for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Instead, in a voice rising as the moments passed, the mother begged for an ambulance.
“Ma’am, the ambulance is on the way. What’s your son’s name? What kind of car did your son leave in? Or was he on foot?” the officer said.
There was no response.
“Sounds like she disconnected,” the dispatcher said. “I wanted to give her some bleeding advice also … Ma’am, are you there?”
But there was no response.
And all that can be heard are the screams of the baby.
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Ralkina Jones: 3rd Black Woman in Two Weeks to Die in Jail Cell
- Rapper Styles P Reveals Daughter Committed Suicide
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here