Despite having 18 statues already and six more nominations this year (including Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song) the rapper – who announced Sunday that he and his girlfriend Kim Kardashian are expecting their first child – voiced frustration with the awards show for his lack of wins in the mainstream categories.
“How many Grammys do we have? 18 Grammys. All in the black categories, though, but nonetheless, 18,” he said during a gig at the Revel Resort in Atlantic City. “I love Maroon 5, but when I lost Best New Artist to Maroon 5… you know what I mean? Or when ‘Watch the Throne’ and ‘(My Beautiful) Dark (Twisted) Fantasy,’ neither of them got nominated for Album of the Year? Or when ‘N**gas in Paris’ didn’t get nominated for Record of the Year? So don’t expect to see me at the Grammys this year.” (Scroll down to watch.)
West is tied with leading acts fun., The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach, Jay Z, Frank Ocean and Mumford & Sons, who also have six nominations each.
The ceremony will air live on CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Feb. 13.
Below, Kanye begins his Grammy rant at 5:16.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here