Despite having 18 statues already and six more nominations this year (including Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song) the rapper – who announced Sunday that he and his girlfriend Kim Kardashian are expecting their first child – voiced frustration with the awards show for his lack of wins in the mainstream categories.
“How many Grammys do we have? 18 Grammys. All in the black categories, though, but nonetheless, 18,” he said during a gig at the Revel Resort in Atlantic City. “I love Maroon 5, but when I lost Best New Artist to Maroon 5… you know what I mean? Or when ‘Watch the Throne’ and ‘(My Beautiful) Dark (Twisted) Fantasy,’ neither of them got nominated for Album of the Year? Or when ‘N**gas in Paris’ didn’t get nominated for Record of the Year? So don’t expect to see me at the Grammys this year.” (Scroll down to watch.)
West is tied with leading acts fun., The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach, Jay Z, Frank Ocean and Mumford & Sons, who also have six nominations each.
The ceremony will air live on CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles on Feb. 13.
Below, Kanye begins his Grammy rant at 5:16.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Behind the Scenes of Janet Jackson’s New Video for ‘Dammn Baby’ (Watch)
- #AirbnbWhileBlack Exposes Racism Faced by Black Renters
- ‘Dear White People’ to Become a Netflix Series
- Trump Tweets Pic of Himself Eating Taco for Cinco de Mayo; Writes ‘I Love Hispanics!’
- Whoopi Goldberg Ready to Leave ‘The View’?
- 50 Cent Donates $100,000 to Autism Speaks after Mocking Teen
- Genealogical Firm Vets Man Claiming to be Prince’s Biological Son
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here