*Much has been written about the additional weight carried by African American actors who play slaves in the film “Django Unchained,” which stars Jamie Foxx in the title role of a freed slave on a mission to free his wife Broomhilda, played by Kerry Washington.
The significance of her character’s struggle is not lost on Washington, who is living beyond the wildest dreams of her ancestors as a rare African American lead in a primetime television drama.
Below, the star of ABC’s “Scandal” recalls one particular day of shooting when she and the other black actors were reminded of just how far they have come.
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here