*Much has been written about the additional weight carried by African American actors who play slaves in the film “Django Unchained,” which stars Jamie Foxx in the title role of a freed slave on a mission to free his wife Broomhilda, played by Kerry Washington.
The significance of her character’s struggle is not lost on Washington, who is living beyond the wildest dreams of her ancestors as a rare African American lead in a primetime television drama.
Below, the star of ABC’s “Scandal” recalls one particular day of shooting when she and the other black actors were reminded of just how far they have come.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Draya Michele's Post-Baby Body - Richard Sherman Pranks Himself
- You Can Purchase 'Boycott Beyoncé' Shirts at 'Formation' Tour
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here