*Much has been written about the additional weight carried by African American actors who play slaves in the film “Django Unchained,” which stars Jamie Foxx in the title role of a freed slave on a mission to free his wife Broomhilda, played by Kerry Washington.
The significance of her character’s struggle is not lost on Washington, who is living beyond the wildest dreams of her ancestors as a rare African American lead in a primetime television drama.
Below, the star of ABC’s “Scandal” recalls one particular day of shooting when she and the other black actors were reminded of just how far they have come.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Parents of 4-Yr-Old who Fell in Gorilla Enclosure Catching Hell on Social Media
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here