Apparently Keyshia Cole doesn’t know that one because she was hesitant about participating in Black Girls Rock this year.
When she sat down on the couch at BET’s “106 & Park,” the singer admitted that at first thought, she wasn’t sure her ethnic credentials were black enough for the show.
“I’m bi-racial, but it’s okay. I’m Black,” she said. “At first I was kinda skeptical about being a part of the Black Girls Rock organization, but then when I read on it and I realized how strengthening it is for our Black women, and women in general, how strengthening it is for us to come together and understand that we rock… So, I just think that it’s a beautiful organization and I’m happy to be apart of it.”
Oh you know folks were flipping their wigs when they heard that.
So she attempted to clarify her stance on Twitter, explaining that she’s not even sure if she’s biracial. #Seriously?
“I was raised in Oakland. My mother is a Black woman HOWEVER I do not know my father. Nor really care to know,” she wrote.
Then what was the point of making the biracial comment, @Keyshia?
Her mama once dated an Italian man who could be the singer’s father.
Beyond that, some pretty nasty Twitter users predict an end to her marriage, saying she doesn’t deserve Daniel “Booby” Gibson.
In her Keyshia Cole fashion, she responded to one follower, “B!tc# u don’t know what me N husband been thru ho,” she wrote. “Simple ass b!tc#es running me hot!”
And then she thanked her loyal supporters.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here