Apparently Keyshia Cole doesn’t know that one because she was hesitant about participating in Black Girls Rock this year.
When she sat down on the couch at BET’s “106 & Park,” the singer admitted that at first thought, she wasn’t sure her ethnic credentials were black enough for the show.
“I’m bi-racial, but it’s okay. I’m Black,” she said. “At first I was kinda skeptical about being a part of the Black Girls Rock organization, but then when I read on it and I realized how strengthening it is for our Black women, and women in general, how strengthening it is for us to come together and understand that we rock… So, I just think that it’s a beautiful organization and I’m happy to be apart of it.”
Oh you know folks were flipping their wigs when they heard that.
So she attempted to clarify her stance on Twitter, explaining that she’s not even sure if she’s biracial. #Seriously?
“I was raised in Oakland. My mother is a Black woman HOWEVER I do not know my father. Nor really care to know,” she wrote.
Then what was the point of making the biracial comment, @Keyshia?
Her mama once dated an Italian man who could be the singer’s father.
Beyond that, some pretty nasty Twitter users predict an end to her marriage, saying she doesn’t deserve Daniel “Booby” Gibson.
In her Keyshia Cole fashion, she responded to one follower, “B!tc# u don’t know what me N husband been thru ho,” she wrote. “Simple ass b!tc#es running me hot!”
And then she thanked her loyal supporters.
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Video: Tidal Releases Bizzy Crook's 'From Everything Came Nothing'
- Tasha Cobbs' 'One Place Live' Releases August 21 on Motown Gospel
- Tia Mowry and Pooch Hall Return for 'The Game' Finale
- Problem? Teen Vogue Uses Fair Models for African Braids Feature
- Bobby Seale, Black Panther Professor, Gives History Lesson to D'Angelo (Watch)
- Nick Gordon's Defense in Bobbi Kristina Case: Drugs Responsible
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here