In an interview with V magazine, the socialite attempted to justify her celebrity status by comparing reality television to the rap game.
“It’s always funny to me when people say that I’m famous for being famous,” Kim told the magazine. “I think it’s fascinating, because it’s still entertainment, you know? It’s fun to see the progression of that idea. I don’t take offense to it at all. I’m not naïve to the fact that I’m not a singer or an actress or anything like that. I’ve never claimed to be anything that I’m not. I think [reality] is still a new form of entertainment that was kind of an unexpected thing.”
She continued, “When rap music first came out, people were like, ‘We don’t understand this, what is this, it’s just a fad.’ But rap music is definitely here to stay, and I think reality shows have proven they are as well. But when something is newer, people don’t really understand it.”
She may have a point.
But she kind of caused a bit of pause when Kardashian said that her show is still on because the family is relatable. Ehhh…
So, to sum it up, reality television is another talent piece in the entertainment industry. It takes work to keep up an image and to obtain the attention of a forever unsatisfied audience.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here