*L.A. Reid ended his “X Factor” stint with a victory on Thursday.
“You know I cried tonight. I was in tears,” said the longtime music exec of his over-25 team member Tate Stevens. The 37-year-old country crooner from Raymore, MO bested Simon Cowell’s girl group Fifth Harmony and Britney Spears’ Carly Rose Sonenclar to become the Season 2 champ.
“I don’t have a happy dance, but it’s happening in my head, along with this big collage of emotions that are going on,” Reid told us immediately after the live broadcast in Los Angeles.
Below, Reid, who announced that he would not return to the FOX show next season, says even a win for his protégé won’t change his mind about leaving.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- ‘The Real’s’ Adrienne Bailon Calls Tamar Braxton ‘My Sister Forever’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here