*The Associated Press reported that on December 14, 2012 just before 8AM in central China, a knife-wielding man injured 22 school children and one adult. There were no casualties, and all the victims are expected to recover.
China is 13 hours ahead of the United States which means while the ordeal was taking place in China, it would have been around 7PM (EST) December 13th in the U.S. where children were probably wrapping gifts, and helping with decorations, while visions of Christmas presents were dancing in their tiny heads.
Unfortunately, 20 American children, along with 8 adults would meet a deadlier fate just 14 hours later in Newtown, Connecticut. The similarities of the two devastating incidents are uncanny: the ages of the Chinese children ranged from 6 – 11, the American children 5 – 10; both incidents happened at an elementary school in the early morning and included adults; and both suspects reportedly suffered some mental challenges.
Another strange coincidence is the timeline: it’s about a 13 hour flight from China to Connecticut, and one could wonder if it were the devil himself – bent on finishing what he started in China – who caught a flight to incarnate and shed more innocent blood on this continent. As the Sandy Hook school massacre continues to unfold it’s hard to grapple with and make any sense out of such a dastardly deed that could only have been orchestrated from the depths of hell.
Although some of those injured in China are in critical condition, it could have been a very different outcome if China had no strict gun control laws. In a CNN Hong Kong report, Dr. Ding Xueliang, a Harvard-educated sociologist at the University of Science and Technology in Hong Kong said, “The huge difference between this case and the U.S. is not the suspect, nor the situation, but the simple fact he did not have an effective weapon.” Perhaps China is ahead of the United States in more ways than one.
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here