After being ex-communicated from First African Methodist Episcopal Church earlier this year, he’s now being sued, along with his wife, and few other church members.
According to paperwork the church filed, he is being accused of “holding dictatorial control over [the church] for [his] personal gain – both financially and for self-aggrandizement.”
However Hunter is denying that he’s done anything wrong, advocating that the church approved his $239,000 salary with perks.
“My life, my ministry has been characterized by those attacking me,” Hunter told the Los Angeles Times. “To be then characterized as some looter and somebody who’s been greedy … nothing can be further from the truth.”
Someone doesn’t agree because he’s been in trouble before. In 2008, he was investigated by the IRS for $300,000 in back taxes and for using church credit cards to purchase suits, jewelry, vacations, among other things.
This past October, he attempted to transfer to a smaller congregation in San Francisco, but the church rejected him, citing his history.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here